Bargain buys thread

Flow-Rider

Burner
I bought something similar from Ebay. The stabby thing looks pretty flimsy on the ones I received. The facon strips look like facon strips at least.
Even some of the better ones are problematic, you need to pre-load them at home because you need a set of pliers to pull the bacon strip through the tool. The better car plug tools have a single prong, I don't know why they don't make them all like that.

moorey

call me Mia
Even some of the better ones are problematic, you need to pre-load them at home because you need a set of pliers to pull the bacon strip through the tool. The better car plug tools have a single prong, I don't know why they don't make them all like that.

View attachment 373951
You don’t carry mini pliers? I carry one I grabbed from Bunnings. It’s ace.
About the size of your little finger.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/gerber-...h9n0zAbzhdf9p_f1EgAaApn7EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

danncam

Likes Dirt
i was chatting with a mate while riding the other day, I have never needed one of these bike hole plugger dovalackeys, I clearly do not ride aggressively enough, or is it incompetently enough?

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
i was chatting with a mate while riding the other day, I have never needed one of these bike hole plugger dovalackeys, I clearly do not ride aggressively enough, or is it incompetently enough?
Neither do I but it would have saved me when I busted a hole in my rear Minion DHR II.

ausdb

Being who he is
Pretty much like this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@Ponchoatdirtworks. Don't go above recommended rear rotor size, or you may end up breaking the left seat stay. I have a broken one that needs fixing which had this happen to it.
When I fix mine for my son I'm thinking of getting one of these slacken the head angle a bit

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The bacon strips do the same job and are heaps cheaper, more moneys for bike parts.
Tried Dynaplugs and persisted due to the price, could never get them to work as good as bacon strips. Bigger hole, jam more bacon in.

I'm sure the Stans work really well, no experience with them but it looks a very clever idea.
Bang for buck... or cents in the case of bacon strips, they work really well.

Ponchoatdirtworks

Likes Dirt
@Ponchoatdirtworks. Don't go above recommended rear rotor size, or you may end up breaking the left seat stay. I have a broken one that needs fixing which had this happen to it.
When I fix mine for my son I'm thinking of getting one of these slacken the head angle a bit
Do you have someone that you trust to weld it?

We used a guy for some old swingarms. Had no returns/issues since so I guess he did a good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk