Bargain buys thread

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Checking out pushys and they have some pretty good priced fox stuff.
Socks $10
XXL Dirtpaw gloves (pretty much an XL size) $15
Fox Flux $50 (not mips)

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Giant Reign 1 2020 L- brand new frame
A$1,500

is this a bargain? NFI. but it's in narre warren nth, VIC by the looks, so local burners might want to look it over in person.
hard to tell if new with all the packing foam etc and in a plastic cover. One hopes that the seller is legit, but it's facebook, so YMMV.

@Plankosaurus do you need a reign frame?

Last edited:

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Pushys have the Icetech RT86 Rotors for $72 - 203mm which is cheap when you add in the %12 off toooooo

Could someone mention to @HamboCairns these will improve his braking abilities in a more efficient manner than xt 4 pots .

I can vouch for them as a chunky 100kg rider !

Don't buy from mtbd as they are $89.......

Don't ask me how i know
does anyone know the rotor thickness of the Icetech RT86 ? or have callipers handy to measure them?

Would they work on Formula R0 calipers? I think the Formula rotors are 1.8mm. pretty sure 2.3mm is a no-go for R0 brakes

@Boom King would you know? or have you only used formula rotors on yours? (I know you are on curas now but I seem to recall you having R0 brakes at some point

Scotty675

Cable thief
does anyone know the rotor thickness of the Icetech RT86 ? or have callipers handy to measure them?

Would they work on Formula R0 calipers? I think the Formula rotors are 1.8mm. pretty sure 2.3mm is a no-go for R0 brakes

@Boom King would you know? or have you only used formula rotors on yours? (I know you are on curas now but I seem to recall you having R0 brakes at some point
1.8mm

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Now $400 on gumtree... Anyone know how much it costs to ship a frame from east to west coast?
I've posted frames for around $20 via Aus Post. Wrapped in bubble wrap and then a layer of cardboard cut to fit the shape of the frame. I think Aus Post stopped charging by cubic and now only go by weight. Except for their online calculator - that's a clunky POS.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
I've posted frames for around $20 via Aus Post. Wrapped in bubble wrap and then a layer of cardboard cut to fit the shape of the frame. I think Aus Post stopped charging by cubic and now only go by weight. Except for their online calculator - that's a clunky POS.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Can depend on who you get. One bloke here still gets out his tape measure trying to cube them....but I always make it a dog’s breakfast of a shape to thwart him.
Agreed on the price. $18-25 max if done right.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Can depend on who you get. One bloke here still gets out his tape measure trying to cube them....but I always make it a dog’s breakfast of a shape to thwart him.
Agreed on the price. $18-25 max if done right.
Hahaha! Does his tape measure only read imperial too?
I go to the Black Hill PO, they always chuck it on the scales there. I've sent all manner of weird and wonderful shaped parcels. I found out last week that they are open on the weekend - if you ever need to get something shipped out on a weekend @moorey

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Hahaha! Does his tape measure only read imperial too?
I go to the Black Hill PO, they always chuck it on the scales there. I've sent all manner of weird and wonderful shaped parcels. I found out last week that they are open on the weekend - if you ever need to get something shipped out on a weekend @moorey
Can confirm, arrived in good time too!

Ponchoatdirtworks

Likes Dirt
Any suggestions on a reasonably priced tubeless compatible 26” XC tyre?
I’m planning a rebuild of an old Ellsworth Truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk