Bargain buys thread

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Actually at the moment my local IGA has them - but that is kinda one of those deals where random American food trends show up in store then disappear again.
Damn those independent supermarkets!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Shifter and Derailleur to go - sigh
The derailleur was like rocking horse shit. Reach out, there's a few here with their fingers in the pie.

Minlak

custom titis
The derailleur was like rocking horse shit. Reach out, there's a few here with their fingers in the pie.

and they have no stock either

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
and they have no stock either
After both Scotty and I ordered, the website displayed no stock, we both received the M8100 rear mechs ;)

There may be some others here that have spotted local stock.

I see you bought the M8100-1 crankset, did you look at the M8120-1 which has a 55mm chainline and 178mm Q factor, rather than the M8100's 52mm chainline and 172mm q-factor, both work well with boost but I have read the 55mm chainline M8120-1 works better with 12spd boost.

I have no experience with Shimano 12spd and still have not got the frame to fit the stuff to but from what I have read, it stops or reduces the back pedal derailment of the chain on the cassette and shifts a bit nicer.

Minlak

custom titis
After both Scotty and I ordered, the website displayed no stock, we both received the M8100 rear mechs ;)

There may be some others here that have spotted local stock.

I see you bought the M8100-1 crankset, did you look at the M8120-1 which has a 55mm chainline and 178mm Q factor, rather than the M8100's 52mm chainline and 172mm q-factor, both work well with boost but I have read the 55mm chainline M8120-1 works better with 12spd boost.

I have no experience with Shimano 12spd and still have not got the frame to fit the stuff to but from what I have read, it stops or reduces the back pedal derailment of the chain on the cassette and shifts a bit nicer.
I got the 8100 as its a non boost frame and 142 rear hub

Scotty675

Cable thief
@Minlak if you have bought everything else local and don’t want to wait to get them from overseas, I’ll do a deal with you for new xt long cage derailleur and second hand xt ispec ev shifter. I have a stuffed derailleur but have found spares for it so happy to keep that as spare.

Minlak

custom titis
@Minlak if you have bought everything else local and don’t want to wait to get them from overseas, I’ll do a deal with you for new xt long cage derailleur and second hand xt ispec ev shifter. I have a stuffed derailleur but have found spares for it so happy to keep that as spare.
I really appreciate the offer - but currently I dont have the frame - the bottom bracket or the wheels (apart from that I am golden) - Its more so keeping my ear to the ground at the moment in case they pop up - If you really want to see the mech Ill take it but if you prefer to keep it im good with waiting

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Thanks - I had found them but they had no shifters :) - have found stock in most European shops but they have big red writing telling me they don’t ship to my country :(
I`m looking for an RD-M5100 11 speed so sent Shimano an email enquiring when stock would be available here . I got a reply the next day which actually surprised me . Maybe all their stock is coming at the same time but may be worth sending them an E .

Hi Mario,
Thank you for contacting Shimano Australia Cycling.

ETA is around mid February.
Your local bike shop should be able to backorder for you.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Mitchell
Marketing Team

Shimano Australia Cycling Pty. Ltd.
Tel: 02 9526 7799 | www.shimano.com.au

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Unsprung is a small shop at a local trailhead with a few distributor arrangements. Good people, with little chance of mixing it with the big online shops