Bargain buys thread

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
People rave about these German sites but every time I have compared prices on items with Wiggle, wiggle wins out. Not sure what all the fuss is about????

Got a Rockshox Reverb on Wiggle today for $274 delivered. Happy with that.
sometimes you need to log-in and say you are from Australia

prices can include VAT which is ~20% if it thinks you are from the EU

good price, its ~$292 posted on bike-components, ~$270 posted on bike-discount, depending on what model

i all ways look at all the major sites before I purchase online

Shadow Puppet

Likes Dirt
2012 version, but good price
Yeah, but it's not the version with the silver collar. The black collar ones were much improved. There were no changes to the Reverb between 2012 and 2013 models.

The same one on bike-discount was $289 delivered.

Last edited:

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
sometimes you need to log-in and say you are from Australia

prices can include VAT which is ~20% if it thinks you are from the EU

good price, its ~$292 posted on bike-components, ~$270 posted on bike-discount, depending on what model

i all ways look at all the major sites before I purchase online
Best thing about bike discount is they don't send you emails all the time of non existent sales, and the price is always that low so you don't have to get your timing right.

I wish I hadn't read this thread - haven carbon bars for $66. Balling me eyes out......

Zac Hinton

St Bernard
Merlin has SLX cranks for $104 delivered. Jensen has Marzocchi 350 cr 160mm 27.5 forks for $636 plus post. After exchange rate and delivery it's around $700AUD.

Not amazing prices but best I could find for these common items for my build. Need to find somewhere with cheap KS Lev posts. 30.9 150mm integra is the dream pole, but might have to settle for something else. Arts Cyclery is lowest so far.

sundy

Likes Dirt
Best thing about bike discount is they don't send you emails all the time of non existent sales, and the price is always that low so you don't have to get your timing right.

I wish I hadn't read this thread - haven carbon bars for $66. Balling me eyes out......
I'm sorry for you, but thank you for alerting the rest of us. I've jumped on those Haven bars.

kwikee

Likes Dirt
Can't get over how they can sell them at that price? You struggle to get no-name chinese carbon bars for that! That's Father's Day done for me!

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I've already got some, but seriously thinkimg of ordering another... just because the price is crazy good and may come in handy.

glad people made us of the posting.

Minlak

custom titis
What number we up to now ... I was going to resist as I have a newish set of Haven Alloys I just fitted but all you guys ordering made me wet so had to as well.

So I think I am 11?

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
I've already got some, but seriously thinkimg of ordering another... just because the price is crazy good and may come in handy.

glad people made us of the posting.
That's this place for ya - you post something up to help, and they ignores ya, you post something up to complain how bloody cheap it is when clearly you have recently purchased - and they all jump on it just to piss you off.

Easton haven carbon bars for sale - $100 including postage BNIB

Last edited:

kwikee

Likes Dirt
Minlak, I think you're 7. My post #50 had a smiley that looked like I was 8. Reverend is 5, Tex is 6. No doubt there are MANY others.
Pick the RB'er on your local trails- they'll be riding Easton Haven carbon bars!!