Bargain buys thread

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I was going to mention something about my Next SLs going well without any mishaps for 4 years now, but have decided to not tempt fate.
In recent years, those XT's that I just wrecked are about the first alloy cranks I have had in a long time.
XX1, X01, RaceFace, Sram Red etc, I've never had an issue with carbon cranks.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Summit has $1000 Sid, Lyrik and Zeb ultimates online currently. Charger 2.1 version but still good pricing.
Good part about being a Luddite is that I managed to grab a pair of Zeb Ultimates off Pushys a couple weeks back for $860 delivered.

Just have to be riding an obsolete 27.5” and willing to go 180mm. Strangely the 170mm version was like $300 more despite it being a $45 change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrew9

Likes Dirt
Not really bike related but

Sold out at my local Bunnings, might be a few left around the place?

If anyone finds 2 and wants to sell/mail me one lemme know lol
I tried to grab one of these today, listed as in stock when I left home.
Get to Hammerbarn at 6:45 and can't find any, check phone again, now out of stock.
I need a new level too, current one is off by 3mm over it's 4 foot length
Thanks anyway

Sent from my moto g31(w) using Tapatalk

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Dharco sale started at 08:30 this morning.

Ozzy, how do you find the fit of the dharco shorts? Have you tried the chamois pad under-shorts? what's the sizing like on them, I ask because I got some Troy lee Ruckus shorts, and the shorts fit well, just the liner is way too big. ie, did you downsize on the liner shorts (if you have them)

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I don't have any dharco shorts, but do have a dharco liner. It is a perfect fit, true to size. Very comfy too.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Ozzy, how do you find the fit of the dharco shorts? Have you tried the chamois pad under-shorts? what's the sizing like on them, I ask because I got some Troy lee Ruckus shorts, and the shorts fit well, just the liner is way too big. ie, did you downsize on the liner shorts (if you have them)
I’m basically a standard 34. Bought some 34 dharco shorts and they were so tight I couldn’t wear them so sent them back and bought some 36. Too big. Way too big. I wear them but I have to have the belt thing cinched right up. I reckon their sizes are up the duff.

ozzybmx

I'm a bit of a Dharco slut :D

Jersey count well into double figures and added another 2 today.

My long pants are size 36 and fit nice with the elastic cinched up. 34 looked like they were sprayed on. I wear the long pants on nearly every Winter MTB ride and probably a month or 2 each side, weather dependant. The Dharco long pants are awesome, would replace with another pair tomorrow if something happened these.

The Dharco shorts, I have tried on half a dozen times and they are too long. Ended up buying a pair of size 34 and they are semi snug around my ass and I have no ass... but got them home and long as f#%k.

Sat unworn for about 6 months until I dropped them down to my local clothing alteration place and she done a factory job on them, knocking 7cm off the length of the legs and leaving them looking like they were made that length.

There would be room for a chamois underneath (I don't use a chamois on MTB) but they only have 1 useable pocket which is just enough for a large phone.
Their shorts are the weak point of their whole range IMO, too tight, too long and not enough pockets.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I'm a bit of a Dharco slut :D

Jersey count well into double figures and added another 2 today.

My long pants are size 36 and fit nice with the elastic cinched up. 34 looked like they were sprayed on. I wear the long pants on nearly every Winter MTB ride and probably a month or 2 each side, weather dependant. The Dharco long pants are awesome, would replace with another pair tomorrow if something happened these.

The Dharco shorts, I have tried on half a dozen times and they are too long. Ended up buying a pair of size 34 and they are semi snug around my ass and I have no ass... but got them home and long as f#%k.

Sat unworn for about 6 months until I dropped them down to my local clothing alteration place and she done a factory job on them, knocking 7cm off the length of the legs and leaving them looking like they were made that length.

There would be room for a chamois underneath (I don't use a chamois on MTB) but they only have 1 useable pocket which is just enough for a large phone.
Their shorts are the weak point of their whole range IMO, too tight, too long and not enough pockets.
I find the material a bit stiff and therefore not as comfy as some others I have.
My current faves are Rocday. Tuff, comfy, lotsa pockets. Only thing I’m not in love with it the fastening system.

ozzybmx

I find the material a bit stiff and therefore not as comfy as some others I have.
My current faves are Rocday. Tuff, comfy, lotsa pockets. Only thing I’m not in love with it the fastening system.
It is stiff but as winter long pants they are great. It's a thin soft shell, semi water resistant and keeps the cold out really well.

As stiff shorts, not so nice. I like light and stretchy with plenty of pockets. Even with them shortened, I have only worn them a few times.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Agree with Ozzy. Shirts are great and sized well. The shorts are a little long, only one side pocket and they fit snug. They do last well though.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dharco gear just doesn't really fit me well I find.
The problem is most likely me. I'm tall, and have long legs with a reasonably narrow waist.

The shorts are super tight on the thighs and rear but gaping loose around the waist, even with the elasticated adjustment done up as tight as possible. I do like the length though.

The long pants are either hopelessly short on the inseam, or waist.
To get the length to work well enough I had to go for a 36" waist and then take them to the alteration shop to have belt loops fitted to them. Again, the elastic waist adjustment can only do so much.

The fit around the thigh and rear is at least better than their shorts for me.

The fabric is good but I find the dye has not held up well on the contact points on the saddle.

I know some riders love them but I find them compromised and certainly wouldn't go for them again.

The tops are nice though but not massively better than anything else from Giro, Fox or 100%

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
6'4" and wearing the same size as me at 5'10" :p you need that extra 70mm length
Yep, the length of those shorts works well for me but damn the feel sprayed on. Any bigger and they'd fall off my behind. Clearly they didn't consult with me prior to production.

And then strangely enough the pants are not long enough at the same waist measurement.