Bargain buys thread

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
I have older crossmax on my sons bike and they seem ok for him. I saw them and thought they would be useful and wondered about trying to get rotorburn postal service to the rescue. I read drilled out valve holes as probably munted and no longer any good for tubeless.
Who doesn’t drill their rims out to put real valves in?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Do you run tubeless @ashes_mtb? Last time I looked Schrader tubeless valves weren't easy to come by, unless they were bulky automotive ones.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Do you run tubeless @ashes_mtb? Last time I looked Schrader tubeless valves weren't easy to come by, unless they were bulky automotive ones.
Yep, got 3 wheelsets setup tubeless. I’ve got Joe’s valves on one wheel and eBay ones on a couple of others. Not easy to find in shops but I’ve never had an issue finding online.

These are basically what I run.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Do you think they are less prone to gumming up than presta?
Hey @DMan, according to my sample set of one - yes. Mr Canary has one Schrader and one presta rim set up tubeless. Different rims on same bike, the presta valve gums up very readily. Crap, that reminds me, I need to fix that!

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Hey @DMan, according to my sample set of one - yes. Mr Canary has one Schrader and one presta rim set up tubeless. Different rims on same bike, the presta valve gums up very readily. Crap, that reminds me, I need to fix that!
Well that's cool! I might have to look at them then. The presta ones are a bit of a pain for that

moorey

call me Mia
Do you think they are less prone to gumming up than presta?
In my very limited sample size…as bad or worse. One set was being used daily, one very infrequently, but I seemed to find them clogging pretty regularly.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
In my very limited sample size…as bad or worse. One set was being used daily, one very infrequently, but I seemed to find them clogging pretty regularly.
Bugger. They're on CRC for $6 a set at the mo....

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Where do they clog? I haven’t had any issues (obviously will do now), but have been pretty careful to clean out the shaft with a cotton ear bud before I chuck the valve back in.

I should also say I’m strictly on Schader out of fear of being confused for a roadie, rather than any specific performance benefits. It’s all the about the appearances.

moorey

call me Mia
Where do they clog? I haven’t had any issues (obviously will do now), but have been pretty careful to clean out the shaft with a cotton ear bud before I chuck the valve back in.

I should also say I’m strictly on Schader out of fear of being confused for a roadie, rather than any specific performance benefits. It’s all the about the appearances.
I can’t recall now. Both have moved on. I just replaced the valve core when needed.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
For any of you that will have it in your conscience to buy a helmet $100-$300 cheaper overseas without the Aus sticker.

Bike24 have a new website and are letting Troy Lee and 100% helmets through.

Just saved $200 on the same helmet that Pushys have.

Would have bought it there if they had sent me a 10% code... I have no scruples but I do have principles, been hanging for 3 weeks on that code.

Nearly even bought myself a new A3 that I don't need.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
For any of you that will have it in your conscience to buy a helmet $100-$300 cheaper overseas without the Aus sticker.

Bike24 have a new website and are letting Troy Lee and 100% helmets through.

Just saved $200 on the same helmet that Pushys have.

Would have bought it there if they had sent me a 10% code... I have no scruples but I do have principles, been hanging for 3 weeks on that code.

Nearly even bought myself a new A3 that I don't need.

How do they have such a shit website still? There are enough retailers selling worldwide through good websites that I am always amazed when a retailer (especially f this size) can't et their shit together. Surely they can arrange to have a currency converter on their site and a filter for things I can't get shipped to Australia? I don't want that geoblocked out of my face (up your's wiggle! And all those pricks you have colluded with to push up prices), I want to either choose to not see it or see it and find a work around.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
How do they have such a shit website still? There are enough retailers selling worldwide through good websites that I am always amazed when a retailer (especially f this size) can't et their shit together.
The whole company is the same, CRC-Wiggle-Bike24, all terrible.
Same crap IT dept and Web design for all 3.