Bargain buys thread

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
What size is the one at your office, medium perhaps?
XL, but a very small XL. Reach is 448, so could make a decent XCish bike if you didn’t want to run a long dropper.

Quite similar numbers to a large Pivot Mach 4 or Yeti 115 from memory.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Sure is, I couldn’t go back now after some time on 500 reach bikes, but treally enjoyed how nimble it was for me.
I think the old Stumpy I'm playing with is 416 or something ridiculously short. It's a great time and sketchy as hell in steep techy stuff.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I have been on a quest for new pedals recently. I am a long term fan of spank products; having had glorious success with bars, stems, and wheels from them over the years. So Seong these on such a generous sale I gave it some consideration...

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com...on-dc-flat-mountain-bike-pedals/rp-prod182464

Since getting the blackspire nylotrax I have been inspired to get more bigger platform pedals. These claimed only a few mm less and were in stock! Well don't let the dimensions fool you the somewhat hexagonal shape trims off a fair bit of surface area a more 4 sided shape would deliver. Still they are a reasonable size and unless your foot belongs on a Nephilim you'll probably be ok. Also the pins are not very aggressive and are narrower than he standard pins I have that fit many different pedals. To overcome this I has used my longest pins and the nut which would have secured them to the platform of another pedals. This has created a reasonable concave shape that holds my foot nicely.

So of you are after a heavily discounted pedal and don't have an enormous foot you could consider these.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Not a bargain but MTB direct have free express shipping on orders over $99. These days that probably equals pre Covid standard shipping times