Bargain buys thread

Litenbror

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Serious Q, does it do better than an air tank pump? Granted my home compressor isn’t the greatest, but my tubeless air tank pump is usually better at inflating a pesky tyre than the compressor.
To answer your serious Q, yes it is better than the air tank pumps. I picked up an air shot on sale and did a round of wheels with it on the weekend. I have 2 rear wheels that are a pain to seal due to a few choice dings. With the air tank pump there isn't quite enough volume to get 29 tyres on and seated before the air gets past the dings. The air shot got both tyres on first go no problems.

ozzybmx

Níl aon tóin tinn mar do thóin tinn féin
The trick is to make yourself a straight through inflator hose with no reductions, restrictions or strangle points to stem the air volume rush.

Mine slides over the presta valve outer with the core removed, the end tip is a schrader to presta adaptor. When the trigger is pressed it opens a hole greater than the diameter of the hose giving a full flow blast of air.

Litenbror

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The trick is to make yourself a straight through inflator hose with no reductions, restrictions or strangle points to stem the air volume rush.

Mine slides over the presta valve outer with the core removed, the end tip is a schrader to presta adaptor. When the trigger is pressed it opens a hole greater than the diameter of the hose giving a full flow blast of air.
Absolutely the less restriction the better but volume plays a part. With larger volume 29er tyres there just wasn't enough air in the air tank pump to get them on the bead if there was any sort of imperfection in the rim.

rockmoose

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wish he would show a hack on removing his bike seat so he can ride away and fuck himself. Still confused how he became internet famous.
I'm glad he's around. Without him a couple of years ago, my then 9 year old wouldn't have decided he wanted to get into mtb, and thus I wouldn't have even known it was a thing.

On second thought, yeah fuck him.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

pink poodle

Our man isn't in the West
I'm glad he's around. Without him a couple of years ago, my then 9 year old wouldn't have decided he wanted to get into mtb, and thus I wouldn't have even known it was a thing.

On second thought, yeah fuck him.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
Don't worry...mountain biking would have found you.

dazz

What was my password?
Maybe not a super bargain buy, but check the condition of this old girl!
13 year old DH bikes don't normally look like that.

Minlak

would blow a manky old hobo for $20
I know it means they are probably going to launch the Fenix 7 soon but this a cracking deal for this watch.
BC79518E-7DD3-49FA-8015-59233575AB11.png

Minlak

would blow a manky old hobo for $20
I don't understand watches gps etc very much, curious to know why would I want to get one of these?
Unless you are "Multisport" or want an easy way to monitor heart rate you don't want one. I posted it up for people that might want one.
So for myself I use it at the Gym on the Treadmill and for Strength workout - Running (Park run and fun runs) - Broadcast my heart rate to my Garmin Edge when riding. On the occasion I have forgotten the edge I use it for tracking the ride.
It has access to other training features etc if you want to monitor them you can - If you are actually training you can use pace mode etc.
Oh as a smart watch as well I get notifications to the watch that are handy when I am with clients - You know for when thier time is up :)