Bargain buys thread

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Pushys are doing free shipping for a couple of days.
Nice! Time to get my son's birthday present - a Camelbak Mini Mule in Camo!

Actually before I do - any recommendations for a kids hydration hip pack? The Henty is too big for him (and out of budget). I'm looking around the $75 mark which is the same as the Mini Mule.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't know if this is a pricing error, a Shimano crackdown on price inflation, or something else.. but hot damn. Don't mind if I do.

Attachments

Flow-Rider

Burner
Nice! Time to get my son's birthday present - a Camelbak Mini Mule in Camo!

Actually before I do - any recommendations for a kids hydration hip pack? The Henty is too big for him (and out of budget). I'm looking around the $75 mark which is the same as the Mini Mule.
Camelbak is pretty good stuff from my experience.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Camelbak is pretty good stuff from my experience.
The main thing I want (apart from it to be sturdy) is to have a clip in hose. My daughter's is a screw in hose and it's a ball ache to unscrew it to wash it. Also it means that I can't store a full pack in the fridge overnight unless I take out the hose from the straps which is a pain.

I think I'll go with this.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I don't know if this is a pricing error, a Shimano crackdown on price inflation, or something else.. but hot damn. Don't mind if I do.

Yeah, that's a good score. Thanks for that.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Nice one!
The conversion to Shimano begins...

Flow-Rider

Burner
The main thing I want (apart from it to be sturdy) is to have a clip in hose. My daughter's is a screw in hose and it's a ball ache to unscrew it to wash it. Also it means that I can't store a full pack in the fridge overnight unless I take out the hose from the straps which is a pain.

I think I'll go with this.
I haven't put my bladders in the fridge for years, maybe the water is over chlorinated down here.

moorey

call me Mia
Buy a lot of clutches then....
Can’t vouch for the 12sp. Used to regularly break 10sp clutched. Running 8 m8000’s now, some almost 5yo old, on original clutches. None busted yet.
Granted, a bit of grease and maintenance occasionally, and ones that have had long wet races have needed a full strip and grease (more than just under the cover) to get rid of a groan, otherwise no complaints.
That said, 2 bikes run 11sp X01, and the clutches have alarm been faultless, albeit not as slap free as shimano.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Can’t vouch for the 12sp. Used to regularly break 10sp clutched. Running 8 m8000’s now, some almost 5yo old, on original clutches. None busted yet.
Granted, a bit of grease and maintenance occasionally, and ones that have had long wet races have needed a full strip and grease (more than just under the cover) to get rid of a groan, otherwise no complaints.
That said, 2 bikes run 11sp X01, and the clutches have alarm been faultless, albeit not as slap free as shimano.
I can. Between our bikes we've gone through at least 5. The sealing on them is shithouse and they take so little to seize. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the new 12sp and regrease after them glimpsing water, but I would definitely keep a couple of spare clutches in the toolbox like I do.
I didn't have the same issue with 11sp Shimano.

Petero

Likes Dirt

Hmmm, can I justify the change from m6100...

It will leave me with a full m6100 groupset spare I guess....

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Good pricing in the age of COVID tax, and good buying for a kid... @HamboCairns your lad might still be a couple of years off, but the geo on these ran crazy small.