Banshee whores unite

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Hey lads, mates looking at laying down the funds on the spitfire but he wants to use the short dropouts which fit a 26 x 2.6 wheel. Anyone using these drop outs with a 27.5x 2.35 maxxis tyre?

moorey

call me Mia
463023C0-9AE0-406D-B265-5426304D8560.jpeg
Can only find pic from rune. Spitty was same...but mine is 2013. Could have changed in 5 years.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Is he buying a brand new Spitty?

My 2013 Rune was able to run a 27.5 Schwalbe something in the 26 dropouts but only in one postion, pretty sure it was the steep setting.

Maybe throw a question at Banshee via Messenger. Keith is excellent at responding.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere

My 2013 Rune was able to run a 27.5 Schwalbe something in the 26 dropouts but only in one postion, pretty sure it was the steep setting.

Maybe throw a question at Banshee via Messenger. Keith is excellent at responding.
Yep brand newy

moorey

call me Mia

Yep. Kieth is totes the man. As BK says, FB message him via Banshee Bikes.

dh1

Likes Dirt
What’s the reason for wanting to run 27.5 in 26 dropouts? It going to push your bottom bracket height up 19mm, would have a fair impact on the ride characteristics.

moorey

call me Mia
What’s the reason for wanting to run 27.5 in 26 dropouts? It going to push your bottom bracket height up 19mm, would have a fair impact on the ride characteristics.
Not really, if you run lowest position. It’s too low with 26” wheels in low position, in my experience.
I’m guessing he’s wanting to buck the trend of the long chain stays, and make it easier to manual... maybe.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Not really, if you run lowest position. It’s too low with 26” wheels in low position, in my experience.
I’m guessing he’s wanting to buck the trend of the long chain stays, and make it easier to manual... maybe.
Bingo. Bmx rider, normally slope rigs or dj bikes, would like 425mm stays. Medium frame. Don't need super trendy steep seat angles etc.

dh1

Likes Dirt
Even if you run it in low position he will have a BB height of around 344mm. In netural it will be 352.
I would tend to agree with Moorey that he should just run 26ers but he could like and want a high BB for all I know.