Ballarat Trails

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
Anyone in the 'rat region want to go halves on one of these?
I reckon we could clear a few local trails without too much trouble.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Council and Parks Vic are doing their best to close the trails in Canadian at the moment and the Creswick trails have ground to a halt, despite four years of planning, mapping, discussion and bluff.
Never mind...still plenty of good trails out this way.
Yeah, I'm not sure what to think of it anymore, looks like the same all up and down the East Coast. I don't really see the logic of what they're doing most times, especially when they preach their own sanctioned trails that need repairs on a weekly basis and the other trails that have been around for 20 years, barely had a trail rake touch them, are still in better condition.

Sadly, it's a constant game of cat and mouse that never ends, and after some of the things that our local advocacy group has pulled off, I just feel that I can't support them from my own moral ground point of view. Maybe it's time that MTBers stop expecting trails for free and just go to building more private parks, because finding trails for people to build up skills on public land is going backwards at an alarming rate at this stage of time.

I also wish that the people doing these YouTube videos, running strava and adding these trails to mapping sites would see the end result that they cause with these trails.

Last edited: