Australia Post, I hate you!

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a Pushys shipment split across 2 parcels (with dispatch emails sent 12 hours apart...). First parcel was meant to arrive yesterday but is now being returned to sender due to incorrect shipping details. Second parcel, with the same shipping details was just delivered.
There's a very good chance both parcels were sitting in the PO at the same time

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Had a Pushys shipment split across 2 parcels (with dispatch emails sent 12 hours apart...). First parcel was meant to arrive yesterday but is now being returned to sender due to incorrect shipping details. Second parcel, with the same shipping details was just delivered.
That Auspost employee's job is safe :p

That fkn sucks @mike14 .

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Had a Pushys shipment split across 2 parcels (with dispatch emails sent 12 hours apart...)
Same here, XT shifter and derailleur in seperate packages, shifter arrived Monday and the derailleur still isn't here.
Not a very streamlined or cost effective operation if they are dispatching from several locations.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Same here, XT shifter and derailleur in seperate packages, shifter arrived Monday and the derailleur still isn't here.
Not a very streamlined or cost effective operation if they are dispatching from several locations.
I have a couple of banged up XT 11 speeds if you want to borrow one for a few months?

Can't guarantee how long Aust Post will take to get it to you.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Ha. Pretty much the same order.
Derailleur arrived today, shifter plus some other bits went back north.
Have you lodged a complaint? that usually wakes them the fuck up. get onto it, as they will give even less fucks than usual if the package goes on tour to random sorting centres.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I had petfoos split into two. Dispatched same day. One delivered to local post office last Friday, second picked up from regional distribution centre yesterday. 15km away.

Flow-Rider

Burner
1688607949348.png

As of July 3, Australia Post deliveries will cost more.
Aussies may have to spend extra to get their online shopping delivered, with retailers likely to pass on Australia Post's price hikes, which have come into effect this week.
Australia Post said the changes were necessary due to ballooning costs to run the self-funded enterprise, with the cost of parcels and package-delivery services jumping by as much as 10 per cent.
Small pre-paid parcels will increase from $9.95 to $10.90, while a small Express Post satchel will jump from $12.95 to $14.40. A standard-sized Express Post letter will rise from $7.80 to $8.55.

teK--

Eats Squid
View attachment 400960

Aussies may have to spend extra to get their online shopping delivered, with retailers likely to pass on Australia Post's price hikes, which have come into effect this week.
Australia Post said the changes were necessary due to ballooning costs to run the self-funded enterprise, with the cost of parcels and package-delivery services jumping by as much as 10 per cent.
Small pre-paid parcels will increase from $9.95 to $10.90, while a small Express Post satchel will jump from $12.95 to $14.40. A standard-sized Express Post letter will rise from $7.80 to $8.55.

Happy to pay a bit more for standard if the service was better. Auspost has been slow af lately... Even express is no longer reliably overnight between major cities.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
View attachment 400960

Something else to look out for:
Sneaky extra charge for signature on delivery.
I was asked if I wanted the service for a parcel I was sending recently. Previously there was no extra charge. Now it's an extra $2 or so.

teK--

Eats Squid
Something else to look out for:
Sneaky extra charge for signature on delivery.
I was asked if I wanted the service for a parcel I was sending recently. Previously there was no extra charge. Now it's an extra $2 or so.
I thought it was always extra for SOD. they even used to have receive receipt at extra cost, back in the day before online tracking.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I thought it was always extra for SOD. they even used to have receive receipt at extra cost, back in the day before online tracking.
It is quite likely I was not asked until recently. It definitely confused me! I always thought signature on delivery was standard, up until Covid times, when they would just throw the parcel down and run.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to those parcels needing a sig, and those that get left at the front door/in letterbox/under car (I found a small parcel under my car in the driveway one day)

cammas

Seamstress
Brought a saddle yesterday on my quest for a more comfortable saddle, chap posted yesterday 2pm
Received it 11am this morning from Eastern suburbs of Melbourne to out west without express post, they must know I have the flu and can’t ride at the moment :rolleyes:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Happy to pay a bit more for standard if the service was better. Auspost has been slow af lately... Even express is no longer reliably overnight between major cities.
If you call AusPost about a delivery, an automated message tells you that Express can take longer than overnight because of the affects of Covid-19 ? Covid fucking 2019 :mad:

Should have kept Holgate there, obviously the lure of a $20k Cartier watch was enough to keep the execs on their toes... no incentive, who gives a shit.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Had a few non bike deliveries with Couriers Please items here in 2 days from ordering and a new bike for my daughter via shippit and here within 2 days as well. Might give other shipping companies the incentive to do better if Aus Post is hiking prices. Or not.