Auscycling Board of Directors

moorey

call me Mia
I’m constantly disappointed about the lack of fucks they give to MTB in general, but specifically gravity. If a roadie changes his cleats or does a training ride, there’s a story about it. There’s a women called Stephanie working hard at lifting the MTB profile, but she’s got an uphill battle with an organization that only cares about road and track (and some BMX).
As a club, they are also really hard to work with.

imax

Likes Bikes
Yep I saw them coming a mile away. Stayed far away from them. After my wife twisted her left ankle real bad and ended up in hospital HCF pvt health fun covered everything and there was no need in having to make a claim with MTBA. I see no benefits joining AusCycling as I have joined OMV club directly giving them my Auscycling contribution directly plus membership fee support a great club and fantastic community.

I have gone with a much better cover using
This covers my bike if stolen or damaged and full on liability cover. Costs a bit more but I get bike insurance, priceless which AusCycling seems to totally ignore.

If I want to race Rocky Trail Flow has me covered.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Wollongong pvt land Green Valley MTB seems to be receiving alot of support.
The GV crew seem well connected, and more power to them. It’s a business, so I guess they have time and incentive to work together. I don’t know any other clubs or groups getting the same but in.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The GV crew seem well connected, and more power to them. It’s a business, so I guess they have time and incentive to work together. I don’t know any other clubs or groups getting the same but in.
It also helps that the GV crew really give a shit. Hopefully they make some headway in getting more recognition and support for mtb.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

imax

Likes Bikes
It also helps that the GV crew really give a shit. Hopefully they make some headway in getting more recognition and support for mtb.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
MTB clubs are established by the local community as a non-profit organisation. Most of the voted volunteer members get burnt out by the lack of support from elected government bodies and their made up laws as they go along. Is pvt land they way to go with every weekend booked out before the race? Not everyone can afford $75 x 2 shuttle runs. One full tank lasts a week with a yearly service. Councils destroying sanctioned trails depriving MTB servivial skills needed for those million dollar Bike Parks.

moorey

call me Mia
It also helps that the GV crew really give a shit.
And…as I say…it’s a business. Clubs are volunteer run, always by the busiest people. 98% of people criticize their local club, but won’t lift a finger. As above, people just burn out.
My beef is the almost total focus on road/track, and the almost total ambivalence to MTB.

Flow-Rider

Burner
MTB clubs are established by the local community as a non-profit organisation. Most of the voted volunteer members get burnt out by the lack of support from elected government bodies and their made up laws as they go along. Is pvt land they way to go with every weekend booked out before the race? Not everyone can afford $75 x 2 shuttle runs. One full tank lasts a week with a yearly service. Councils destroying sanctioned trails depriving MTB servivial skills needed for those million dollar Bike Parks.
People can afford 5~10k bikes or multiple bikes but can't afford to pay to ride in a park, well that's part of the problem right there. MTBers got to realise that public land is shared land amongst other user groups, then you have the litigation laws in Australia that open up land managers to lawsuits.

The thing with unsanctioned trails is that they can say that they never knew about them, until some wanker puts in a formal complaint or the ambulance turns up to take someone away, to which they have to act on eventually. Mountain biking in Australia is in its infancy, at a political lever you'll barely get an interest for large funding as the number of votes are very small, especially when you're dealing with proper black rated trails for the DH and Enduro crew as that limits the user group numbers straight away, so you're more likely to get blue and green trails on public land.

teK--

Eats Squid
People can afford 5~10k bikes or multiple bikes but can't afford to pay to ride in a park, well that's part of the problem right there. MTBers got to realise that public land is shared land amongst other user groups, then you have the litigation laws in Australia that open up land managers to lawsuits.

The thing with unsanctioned trails is that they can say that they never knew about them, until some wanker puts in a formal complaint or the ambulance turns up to take someone away, to which they have to act on eventually. Mountain biking in Australia is in its infancy, at a political lever you'll barely get an interest for large funding as the number of votes are very small, especially when you're dealing with proper black rated trails for the DH and Enduro crew as that limits the user group numbers straight away, so you're more likely to get blue and green trails on public land.
Yeah this.

Spends $5K+ on bike and gear
Won't donate to trail funds
Complains that local club does jack shit
Won't join local club or even attend volunteer dig days
Complains about the price of shuttles which are run by not for profit bike club
Takes bike to LBS to fix a flat tyre. Complains about the price.