International Ashes Challenge

moorey

call me Mia
On an entirely different note, I bought some vegetarian bacon yesterday. Quite liked it!

I don't think it counted as vegan due to bacon 'flavouring'.

Thanks for the support Moorey, it means a lot :)
It’s usually just smoke flavoured. Some is great, some is shite.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Go back to your science denial.

[
to the contrary i champion science, whether that’s tagging bats, helping collect new mycology species in vic, or doing sidewalk astronomy- as a good scientist i question everything, and become contrarian when others don’t follow robust scientific methods/data

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
to the contrary i champion science, whether that’s tagging bats, helping collect new mycology species in vic, or doing sidewalk astronomy- as a good scientist i question everything, and become contrarian when others don’t follow robust scientific methods/data
And yet you ride ss. Science has moved on bro.

moorey

call me Mia
Confirmation bias isn’t rigorous science ;)

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Quick update.

Donations are at $433 of the $500 target. Thank you to everyone that has donated from here, it’s amazing. If I get over the $500 I might have to set another challenge or add onto the 6+hr commitment.

Kilometres are on schedule at 70km of 400km target.

Have options of 18km and 28km rides home tonight but don’t want to be stuffed for Thursday night riding; thoughts?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Quick update.

Donations are at $433 of the $500 target. Thank you to everyone that has donated from here, it’s amazing. If I get over the $500 I might have to set another challenge or add onto the 6+hr commitment.

Have options of 18km and 28km rides home tonight but don’t want to be stuffed for Thursday night riding; thoughts?
Send it

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Quick update.

It's probably too late but an extra 10km at cruise would be good for the soul

moorey

call me Mia
Bit surprised to hit the scales 2.5kg lighter at 104.1kg. Hopefully I feel the difference heading up Gunjin tonight.
Admittedly I’ve never been big, but I put on a few KG’s last year when injured and lazy (reached 80kg, but only 172cm). I quickly dropped down to about 73kg when I started riding 100-150km a week…then it plateaued….and I’ve recently put on a couple of KG again despite riding more than ever and still eating well.
I now don’t put any value in my weight, rather, how I’m feeling.
That’s irrelevant to you and your path though, just relating my experience.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Admittedly I’ve never been big, but I put on a few KG’s last year when injured and lazy (reached 80kg, but only 172cm). I quickly dropped down to about 73kg when I started riding 100-150km a week…then it plateaued….and I’ve recently put on a couple of KG again despite riding more than ever and still eating well.
I now don’t put any value in my weight, rather, how I’m feeling.
That’s irrelevant to you and your path though, just relating my experience.
Similar experience here - 193cm and was up around 98kg so made a few diet changes; after three or four months I was just over 92. Doing a bit more excercise post-winter has seen weight go back up to around the 94 mark, but I look better and feel generally lighter and more agile.

So yeah, the kgs only tell part of the story.

This is not me
You're not meant to be eating the kettle bells.