Anyone Who Was At Apollo Bay Last Sunday...

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
...might have seen me wandering around, moaning and feeling sorry for myself after coming off on my first run for the day (I was the guy with the pale green Norco Six Three).

Got my X-ray results back today, and it turns out I fractured a rib. Which didn't stop me from doing three more runs for the day, or working the next two nights wrestling with recalcitrant shipping container doors and lifting huge blocks of polystyrene.

On the plus side...prescription painkillers!

wheel2wheel

Likes Dirt
Ha Ha, I was at Apollo Bay last sunday, also feel off on first run, kept riding all day wondered why I fell of 3 more times, couldnt hold onto bike?, after some xrays, found out I have broken a bone in my right wrist, torn ligaments in my hand, and wrecked my ac joint in my left shoulder, no riding for at least 6 weeks, bring on the fun times.

ozzy osbourne

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Blocks of Polystyrine, shit work safe should implement lifts for that type of thing.
Nah sad to hear how long you off the bike for?

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
I crashed riding at thredbo. Hit the rock really hard on my wrist, shoulder and head. Head was fine due to helmet (but it did tear a wooden stake out of the ground) Split the growth plate from the bone in my wrist, leaving that in plaster. My clavicle punched into my sternum like a battering ram into a wall, leaving little bits of fragmented bone floating around myy clavicle. It took three doctors and a cat scan to spot the shoulder was broken. I get back on a bike in 3 weeks!