Anyone used bike24?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
As above. Has anyone brought anything off bike24?

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep - what do you want to know? Pretty good prices, shipping a bit steep and reasonably OK delivery times (not super fast from what I remember).

DMan

Yep - what do you want to know? Pretty good prices, shipping a bit steep and reasonably OK delivery times (not super fast from what I remember).[/QUOT

You are a mind reader. If I had been more specific and actually asked a useful question you would have answered them. Thank you.

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
Bought quite a few parts off them over the last couple of years. Awesome prices for some stuff, but expect 3-4 weeks for shipping.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
They're pretty good for big ticket items..... I bought some Pikes from them.
Shipping not amazingly fast... but gets there in the end.

DMan

Reviews did say they were slow. But for the price as long as my order arrives I'm good.

John U

MTB Precision
Bought a few things from them. They seem to have s few things unavailable elsewhere, especially some of the clothing brands.

All good from my experience.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Go to shop for me on most items... Will say that you need to make it worth your while to offset the shipping - shipping is expensive (even more so on bulky items) and 3 weeks average time. Always quality on packaging and have had great customer service from there. Lets you use Amex which helps me with transaction fees. Ships some stuff that other stores don't due to distributor agreements. A lot of my new build came from bike24.

Also picked up the kids a Bryton GPS (rider 20) recently for $70 each shipped. Cheaper than a wireless computer in Aus!

PJO

in me vL comy
As above. Has anyone brought anything off bike24?
Yep, have used them a couple of times.
Also used:
https://www.bikeonlineshop.net/ once,
https://www.rosebikes.com/ twice.

All of them have good pricing, shipping is slow with all. Takes about 3 weeks to get here using DHL.
Have bought larger items like rims without issue, all were well packed. Cheapest place I have found to buy quality spokes is Rosebikes.
Shipping is a little cheaper with the other two compared to bike24 but all about the same.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I bought a full xt groupset through these guys recently. It all arrived after close to 5 weeks. Slow shipping but good prices and they actually had everything I wanted in stock.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Shipping is fast if they have it in stock, but their stock system says its on stock which means their distro is showing it as in stock , so ships in 3 to 4 days means they are going to order it in for you

They will hold entire order if one item isn't available, so a set of forks on special and ships immediately will indeed ship immediately. ATM it looks like the green up arrow means they actually have stock, all other green bars etc means someone else somewhere has stock......

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Bought wheels, pedals and some other stuff from them a few months back.

Took a while to ship 'cause they had to order the wheels in, but once it had shipped it only took 7 days to get to me.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Provided its the same site. A few users here on the list as well.
I noticed a few different sites pop up in this thread that are not on the list, if you want to suggest them in the thread below throw a reply in there and ill add them in. Also seems to be plenty of positive users of bike24 here so if said users wish to add their praise in the below thread again just a reply.

http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?254464-Online-retailers-trusted-scammers

Last edited:

DJR

Likes Dirt
+1 good prices on what i needed to buy (spokes and some other small items), shipping was a bit expensive, they use DHL Deutsche Post which is definitely a mail service not a courier service. My order sat in a german mail warehouse for a few days before anything happened but got here in the end.

Have also used bike-discount.de with similar results