Anyone tried the Swytch conversion kit?

Slowman

Likes Dirt
Has anyone tried the Swytch Bike front wheel conversion kit (or any others)? It looks light weight, compact and very simple to install. They look very easy to swap back to the original non e-bike set up too, just swap out the front wheel, take the battery off, and disconnect the leads.

It uses a cadence sensor for its pedal assist system as opposed to a torque sensor which I guess saves expense and weight. Any experiences with the difference between cadence sensing and torque sensing pedal assistance?

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Has anyone tried the Swytch Bike front wheel conversion kit (or any others)? It looks light weight, compact and very simple to install. They look very easy to swap back to the original non e-bike set up too, just swap out the front wheel, take the battery off, and disconnect the leads.

It uses a cadence sensor for its pedal assist system as opposed to a torque sensor which I guess saves expense and weight. Any experiences with the difference between cadence sensing and torque sensing pedal assistance?
As far as a simple, quick and easy conversion goes, the Swytch system looks pretty cool.

I've not tried it but was looking into it as a possibility for my town/kid hauling bike.

My sister in law recently tried a few different ebikes and says the cadence sensing pedal assist lags a bit, she didn't like it. Torque sensing was seamless and made her feel like she had bionic legs :D

You could be the Rotorburn-e guinea pig!

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It is about $500 usd to pre order now with limited range of 15km. I am not convinced it is better than a normal front wheel conversion kit with more range.