Anyone missing a Norco Sight A9?

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Anyone had their Norco Sight stolen in (Canberra) Wollongong (Flinders) recently?

Came across this one in the FB NSW MTB Trading Post today, ad looks dodgy, seller has nothing even remotely MTB on his profile, except located in Canberra... I've grabbed a few more snips from his FB profile, but won't post here unless someone asks directly.

edited to change location to to Wollongong based on comments by the poster.

Last edited:

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Well, looks like old mate got spooked (lots of people echoing my comment) and has deleted the listing. From a few of his comments the bike had to be hot, basically had no idea about it at all and just got annoyed that people even asked.

If someone thinks this might have been their bike, PM me as I grabbed a few screenshots of his profile and pertinent details. Obviously not for public sharing, but in the hope it might help someone recover their pride and joy.

Edited to add, looks like the bike is in Flinders, NSW (Wollongong), rather than the ACT from his comments before deletion.

B_P_J

Squid
Hey Isildur, been waiting to be able to respond for ages but my account wasn't approved, I ended up messaging the guy and got talking, really good guy, had been stuffed around with previous guy trying to buy it,he was more than happy to give me all the details including serial number, I contacted police and did all the online checks with nothing, there was one stolen in Melbourne that matched this so I even contacted the station down there, they looked up the details and they didn't match the serial number. Reason it was Act and Flinders was because he was in the middle of moving down there, I met him at his parents house in Flinders to look it over before buying it. Just wanted to update this post.