Anyone going to Worlds?

entombed

membarrrr
Just interested to find out how many people are going to World Championship in Roto this month?

Could be an excuse for drinks with the farkin crew on the friday night?

Red Rocket

Likes Bikes and Dirt
entombed said:
Just interested to find out how many people are going to World Championship in Roto this month?

Could be an excuse for drinks with the farkin crew on the friday night?

I'll be going! What events will you be going to watch?

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I'll hopefully be going,probablly just catch DH and 4X. Anyone doing any rideing or hittin the snow whilst over there? Anyone got spare accomodation?

Mr Pants

skanky media ho
Yes indeedy, going for 3 weeks of MTB heaven.... if a little chilly...:eek:

AND it'll all be on SBS TV care of Jim Trail and myself.

It'll be on World Sport 7pm on Friday 25th to Monday 28th and the 1 hour show is on Sept 10 @ 11am.

After the Worlds I'm doing a road trip to Hawkes Bay, Wellington, Nelson, QC track then finishing in Christchurch. I've got a spare seat but not much room in the mighty Astra rental car so if you want a ride, travel light or bring a BMX bike:D

entombed

membarrrr
Im going for DH and 4X and BroTown Merch!!!! :D

Riding local forest trails on Sunday and Monday with a mate and some Roto locals.. Will be catching up a handful of South Aussie guys aswell at the local pubs

BIG RUSTY

Likes Dirt
Im going with my wife, but Im taking the snowboards instead of the bikes.

I hope everyone is taking some noise making equipment to cheer on the aussies (I should have a air horn by then)

fatnold

Likes Bikes and Dirt
girl and I are going. 1 week of riding roto-vegas and taupo area then watching the action later in the week. will be hooking up with some roto locals for some inside info on trails.
we'll be lurking round town so pm me if anyone wants hook up for a ride or beer.

fleshbone

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if your going and you wonna ride go to the redwoods there south of the town and they got some kickarse dh stuff in there so good or go on vorb.org.nz and ask around there too.hope all that is going will enjoy,my cousin is going to camera it all for me.

gravity

Likes Dirt
Yep, I'll be there (Rotorua) from Thu night until Tue morning. Staying at Hot Rocks backpackers in town. Good bar there too onsite. Staying with 2 mates but they are heading over earlier than me. We have a spare bed ($25/night) if anyone is interested ? (we've booked a 4 x single bed room but only 3 of us are going over now). Where is everyone else staying ? Cheers, Paul

Kitoff

Flow Mountain Bike
Ooooo momma oooooo yessss indeed.
I'll be there - I'm off on Friday SIIICCCCKKKKK. Myself, Cannonball, the Euro Snoz, Melberry and some Kiwi dickhead called Drew are off to tear NZ a new arse.

Taking the trail bikes - fly into Wellington for a few days riding and drinking. Then up to Ruepahu for some ski ski. Then onto Roto for ride ride and cheer cheer and drink drink and party party. It will be dangerous. It will be wild. It will be so crazy. I've got an erection just thinking about it.

YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
I'm already here, been In NZ since the start of July and now hanging round Vegas doing the rides before it gets crazy busy, I'm also one of the marshals so get to yell at people.

fatnold

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Unfit said:
I'm already here, been In NZ since the start of July and now hanging round Vegas doing the rides before it gets crazy busy, I'm also one of the marshals so get to yell at people.
what are your recomendations for trails around roto-vegas?

...jim

skanky media ho
Redwoods. No Question.

Go to the visitor information place on Long Mile Road and buy both trail maps.

One covers the older trails in the park closer to either the Long Mile Trailhead, or the one over the ridge off the Taupo road - where you can hire bikes in the carpark.

The other covers trails further afield - some of which (like B rude not 2 and Rollercoaster) are must-dos.

They're printed on banknote-like plastic, hence impervious to pocket-sweat - smart!

jda

Likes Bikes and Dirt
gravity said:
Yep, I'll be there (Rotorua) from Thu night until Tue morning. Staying at Hot Rocks backpackers in town. Good bar there too onsite. Staying with 2 mates but they are heading over earlier than me. We have a spare bed ($25/night) if anyone is interested ? (we've booked a 4 x single bed room but only 3 of us are going over now). Where is everyone else staying ? Cheers, Paul
Me and 5 mates are all staying at the Hot Rocks in Rotorua too, I will be filming the observed trials for my DVD, some of my mates are competeing. Pretty keen to check out the DH & 4X too obviously.

See ya at the bar mate!

Joel.

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
fatnold said:
what are your recomendations for trails around roto-vegas?
man, theres all great, but top 3?

Hot X buns, Be rude not 2 and Rollercoaster.

there are 3 trails that link into each other and make an awesome 'cant get enough, dont want to stop' ride, these are Chop Suey - Spring Roll - Sweet and Sour.

You'll sus it all when you get here, its sooo easy

Ryan

Radministrator
What are people's thoughts on how easy it will actually be to get your hands on a hire-bike over the world's weekend? Specifically on the Sunday that the XC is on as I've no intention of watching it.

I'm making a flying visit, getting in Friday night to Auckland late and straight into a hire-car over to Roto, we'll have at least 2 empty seats so if anyone's stranded in Auckland waiting for a bus or something equally shit we can give you a lift.

I propose that Farkin.net members should stake out a prime spot on the hill and hold an unofficial "Drunkest Man Alive" World Championships while the DH finals go down on Saturday, we could have our own rainbow jersey and everything ;)

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
Unfit said:
man, theres all great, but top 3?

Hot X buns, Be rude not 2 and Rollercoaster.

there are 3 trails that link into each other and make an awesome 'cant get enough, dont want to stop' ride, these are Chop Suey - Spring Roll - Sweet and Sour.

You'll sus it all when you get here, its sooo easy
Righto, ignore last

heres the scoop for the ultimate link up of the best trails in the forest, as shown to me today by the 2 main trackbuilders in the area.

Start at 'Billy tea' (brand new track) hook down that, onto 'Chestnut link' then onto 'national DH' (its a full on DH track, but plenty of b lines for those not inclined) then onto 'Hot X buns', onto 'Be rude not 2' then onto the chinese menu as mentioned before, then 'Diamondback' to ease the day out and back to the MTB carpark.

repeat if desired at gas mark 3

phew. If you can still hang on after those, you should be racing Rennie at Thredbo.

fatnold

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Unfit said:
Righto, ignore last

heres the scoop for the ultimate link up of the best trails in the forest, as shown to me today by the 2 main trackbuilders in the area.

Start at 'Billy tea' (brand new track) hook down that, onto 'Chestnut link' then onto 'national DH' (its a full on DH track, but plenty of b lines for those not inclined) then onto 'Hot X buns', onto 'Be rude not 2' then onto the chinese menu as mentioned before, then 'Diamondback' to ease the day out and back to the MTB carpark.

repeat if desired at gas mark 3

phew. If you can still hang on after those, you should be racing Rennie at Thredbo.
thanks man. this info is gold. we'll be on the trails by 7.00am next sunday. in the pub by 5.30pm. it'll be my shout if we hookup.