Any Zwifters out there?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I know I'll be fine, but will calibrating in the heat affect using the trainer in the cool. I'm trying to avoid having to calibrate it before I train in the morning. I'm assuming it'll have a temperature sensor in it so it'll be irrelevant.
Just read some TR stuff. Seems except for the cheaper trainers, it should be fine.

I normally do a calibration after a 10 or so minute ride, to get the trainer warmed up. But after reading some of that stuff, I might be more inclined to do calibrations after a workout. Then the trainer is truly warmed up, regardless of ambient temperature.

Just do a calibration spin down after you've done your first workout, and you will be peachy.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Anyone given rouvy a go lately?
At half the cost, I think I can go without the "social" aspect of zwift if the ride functionality and training sessions are good

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
We downloaded my woosh yesterday, still haven't tried it out... might give it a whirl tonight...... price is right in the pigs range.

S

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Anyone given rouvy a go lately?
At half the cost, I think I can go without the "social" aspect of zwift if the ride functionality and training sessions are good
Don't know about pricing, but for Zwift alternatives without the gamification, my old man really likes Fulgaz... Pretty cool with the POV video of all the nice roads around the world. Might be good for @rockmoose to pretend he's actually outside.

rockmoose

I see bench-cut single track, why no bike? ;)
It will be........ in time.

I hand cut maybe a km or so of path, last winter. Need to cut a few more k's next winter, and all the accompanying garden beds.

THEN I can start using some for my own nefarious uses

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
It will be........ in time.

I hand cut maybe a km or so of path, last winter. Need to cut a few more k's next winter, and all the accompanying garden beds.

THEN I can start using some for my own nefarious uses
Just let me know when to let my mate know I'm coming to stay.......

I'm re-joining the Zwift universe for some mid week training to prepare for a 100km event.

My kickr snap has the power output fluctuating + / - 20 watts every couple of seconds, it's not paired to anything else, I've ditched the ant+dongle (for the duotrap cadence sensor) and there is nothing else in the room to interfere with the signal.

Tonight I will try the factory spindown, if that fails I will just have to free ride for training (as opposed to the structured training), so frustrating because it used to work seamlessly.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I have both Bluetooth and ANT+ dongles on 5m powered USB leads bluetacked on the trainer near the sensor and on the frame under my HRM.

I have both Bluetooth and ANT+ dongles on 5m powered USB leads bluetacked on the trainer near the sensor and on the frame under my HRM.
I used to be ale to run both bluetooth and ant+ just fine.

I've already paid for the event so I have to train mid week and free riding Zwift will be better than nothing I suppose. I figure I wont be able to do the structured training due to the inconsistent data from the snap.

And now when I go shit in the event I have something to blame :)

rockmoose

We haven't had the monthly update here yet, well hadn't when I last rode. But it has caused a mountain of bugs throughout the zwiftyverse, a number of which I experienced, even without the new update.

Do your calibration, and see if that fixes your issue. If it doesn't, I would think......... the problem will be resolved when they iron out their glitches.