Any Zwifters out there?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
LOL, you’re a cruel man. I’d be looking at the short anaerobic interval workouts for a while @Cardy George and then for a bit before your next race. I think you have the base covered after that marathon.
Yarp. Base has never been a concern of mine. A life lived as a commuter takes care of that. But also leads to a life of under developed outright power.

Had quite a few comments about how un-knackered I looked at the end. That was mainly because unless one of the top three fell off I was locked in to 4th. So from about halfway I throttled back to survive the climbs and enjoy the descents.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
SST (med), The Gorby, The Wringer, The McCarthy Special.

Rinse and repeat until you can almost complete the McCarthy, redo ramp test and get smacked back down.
Agreed with Wringer and Gorby.... The other option is to look for some spin and sprint style social rides. They generally do laps at a fairly easy pace, then compete for the best time through the sprint segment. Normally you'll get between 6 and 10 attempts (depending on the circuit). The trick is the draft and 10-15 second wind up before the segment starts. My competitve nature squeezes out more watts than I would with a training program.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Reckon I've done my share of ascending for the next couple of months.

Need to develop some top end grunt. The rocks around Melrose completely destroyed my momentum up the hills so I want more grunt to get over them, any program suggestions?
You've got good power, might just be a bit more of track knowledge and line choice.

Just remember those rocks move too, they are kicked on there by ever moving sheep. We did a bit of a clean up and raked a load off but I noticed there was a fair amount on the corners up near the DB Spiral.

Simple training program for you, Alpe 4 nights a week and try and beat you best time each effort ;)

Last edited:

ozzybmx

Just to add, its your first long race. There are things that these guys learn each time regarding what works and what doesn't with foods, drinks and when to have what. Thats how they have consistent lap times with no 'dark' patches in the middle of the night.

Kev has probably 25 x 18-24 hr races under his belt and Rob has done a few 12's and 18's now too.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Just to add, its your first long race. There are things that these guys learn each time regarding what works and what doesn't with foods, drinks and when to have what. Thats how they have consistent lap times with no 'dark' patches in the middle of the night.

Kev has probably 25 x 18-24 hr races under his belt and Rob has done a few 12's and 18's now too.
For sure. I learnt a heap from this one. Biggest thing was literally stopping to eat. Because there was such a long non-technical stretch from our tent, past the start line and then back to the creek I was trying to eat on the move. Didn't work. Max posted his lap times on Strava and when I was fed I wasn't that far off him.

And the rocks at the start of the climb to the pipe. That was just nasty. Worst part of the whole course.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Not as flamboyant

Planko quietly Zwifts away on a stealthy bike and doesn't really talk about Zwift.

Rocko on the other hand, Mr Zwift on glowing pink bike with radiant pink lycra, full head of dreads and pickin' up the virtual chicks.
Hopefully levels 50-60 get me some pit vipers, and fresh threads like mr bomba.

ozzybmx

Read earlier it takes 500,000xp to get from lvl 0-50.

Some people have reached lvl50 in December 2018 and continue to collect xp, now sitting on 1.3million xp.

Originally when they added levels 26-50, everyone who had accumulated excess xp, gained the same 1xp as everyone else by riding after the release, but they took and additional 7xp from your accumulated total. So people with banked xp levelled up 8 times faster than us noobs.

For 51-60, they are only giving you 1xp for 1xp so those who are already there and have accumulated enough to get to level 100+ can only get there twice as fast as those who are still on the ladder.

jhgjhtr.jpg

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Not as flamboyant

Planko quietly Zwifts away on a stealthy bike and doesn't really talk about Zwift.

Rocko on the other hand, Mr Zwift on glowing pink bike with radiant pink lycra, full head of dreads and pickin' up the virtual chicks.
Lol, you can accuse me of a great many things but being flamboyant is definitely not one of them

I have a solid couple of years head start on moosey, and level 50 feels a lonnnnng way off still. It's taken a year to get from 40 to 44, every level gets exponentially harder to move up. I look forward to level 50 by the time I'm retired

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

Was looking at the new handcycle a couple of days ago in the menu, hmmm ok.

Had big day at work, out of the house for 15hrs... came home and thought I'll do a quick 20km pace partner ride.

Drops in on the fucking handcycle... WTF, ah well I'm only doing 20km :oops: well that was a bloody hard 20 !

2022-09-17_2025345.jpg

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Not sure if it’s my imagination but since they did that September update, it feels like my power is oscillating around either way on the refreshes when I feel like I’m being fairly constant. Haven’t tried in erg. Anyone else noticed that after the update?

I also had the ATV loss of connection to every device problem which was well reported but all good after a logout and in a couple of days later.