Any Zwifters out there?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I'm worried I might have incurred the wrath of the zwift gods. This far I havn't been smited, or smote, but I think it's coming. I tried out wahoo RGT on the weekend

It's not terrible, even has some stuff that's nicer than zwift, but needs some more polish and more riders to properly compete. The ye Olde version of this was pretty buggy and had very little in the way of other riders out there with you. It's now been bought out by wahoo and they seem to be putting some effort into polish and bringing some riders in with it. I havn't paid for it to see what that gives you, but the free version sure gives you a lot more than zwift give you for nothing!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Look where a bit of zwift got this fella ...

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I'll beg for forgiveness when it arrives. Now to find a cheap laptop to use out in the shed.
I started with a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 and so far so good, but I haven't raced on it, just workouts. Biggest group I've been in was a Pace Partner group. @Plankosaurus is helping me out with a laptop so I don't have to keep dragging the tablet out to the shed.

And totally agree with Ozzy about keeping it set up. I wouldn't do it either if I had to put it all together every time.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I started with a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 and so far so good, but I haven't raced on it, just workouts. Biggest group I've been in was a Pace Partner group. @Plankosaurus is helping me out with a laptop so I don't have to keep dragging the tablet out to the shed.

And totally agree with Ozzy about keeping it set up. I wouldn't do it either if I had to put it all together every time.
If you really want to go overboard build a trainer room. We partitioned off the lounge and created a trainer room... Of course now we are selling the house....

Attachments

ausdb

Being who he is
If you really want to go overboard build a trainer room. We partitioned off the lounge and created a trainer room... Of course now we are selling the house....
Always the case, maybe in the next house you can get the aircon in the trainer room!

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Due to my lack of zwiftness lately there will be some restructure of the club management..@rockmoose now has the reigns... o_O
Sorry, I'm a bit deaf in that ear. It almost sounded like you were putting me in charge. That would be hilarious.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Zwift setup. Quit messy at the moment, but let’s see who the eagle eyed bike spotters are.
Is that a Renault in the background? Have you been toking with Haakon again?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

ausdb

Being who he is
So I've got to the end of the thread and been doing a bit of reading as well, my take so far is.
Apple TV as long as it's a 4th Gen HD or later will work, there's no point getting a 4k one as it's graphics capability is shite but the later remote is much better for going through menus, still need to buy a TV to use with it tho.
PC Laptop for ultimate performance and eye candy graphics, so a couple of year old gaming laptop plus add a monitor / TV later.
My setup needs to be transportable rather than fully portable, current setup will be in the shed but if I move then could end up who knows where. Decisions decisions

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I don't care, so long as all members are present for the compulsory SST up AdZ tomorrow morning.
Reckon I've done my share of ascending for the next couple of months.

Need to develop some top end grunt. The rocks around Melrose completely destroyed my momentum up the hills so I want more grunt to get over them, any program suggestions?

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Is that a Renault in the background? Have you been toking with Haakon again?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
Good spot. 2015 265 cup.

For the eagle eyed viewers. How many Yetis are in the photo. Bonus points for models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Reckon I've done my share of ascending for the next couple of months.

Need to develop some top end grunt. The rocks around Melrose completely destroyed my momentum up the hills so I want more grunt to get over them, any program suggestions?
SST (med), The Gorby, The Wringer, The McCarthy Special.

Rinse and repeat until you can almost complete the McCarthy, redo ramp test and get smacked back down.