Any Zwifters out there?

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
Thanks but all good, just gotta run what I brung.

That was my introduction to smart trainers, we borrowed a V1 KickR from a friend of my son as he went away for a 2 month trip... that KickR was so seriously out of whack in the favourable direction, I felt like I was riding through custard when I bought the Saris.

So quiet though, that old KickR was like a plane taking off.
No worries..I wound the trainer difficulty back to 25% on mine for the Innsbruck hills today, and that helped..but get the 11-34 cassette tomorrow if Aussie Post stick to their schedule.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Only you have a secret way of calibrating the H3's discrepancy 5% in a 'favourable' direction.

Do you use Zwift or Saris for calibration ? Hot or cold ?
I use to just use zwift, but a couple of updates ago the spanner disappeared. Now I use Saris. Apparently you should always use the trainers calibration over zwift's.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I use to just use zwift, but a couple of updates ago the spanner disappeared. Now I use Saris. Apparently you should always use the trainers calibration over zwift's.
Didn't know Zwift had one. I've done the Wahoo spin down one a couple of times. Wonder if there's a way to see if it's changing?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Hmmm... interesting. I thought it was just mine that the spanner showed up occasionally and I have not seen or calibrated mine in months.

I looked for it last week and it hadn't appeared at all. I calibrated it today using the Saris app, my rundown time with from 13 something it 11 something.

So its disappeared for good from Zwift.

rockmoose

Hmmm... interesting. I thought it was just mine that the spanner showed up occasionally and I have not seen or calibrated mine in months.

I looked for it last week and it hadn't appeared at all. I calibrated it today using the Saris app, my rundown time with from 13 something it 11 something.

So its disappeared for good from Zwift.
Whether it is or isn't, use the saris one now you have it, as it is more accurate.

ozzybmx

Hoooly faakkkk ! Never go on a HERD (D) ride, seen it was supposed 1-1.3wkg but its (D), the fence goes up and the dad jokes start. I knew it was a free kit ride and thought they be spinning around 2wkg or more like a normal (D) ride.

Pic looks like it was taken just before I rode away, 60 seconds later, stripped of the HERD kit, they can fckn keep it. I could hardly get over 100w without riding through the fence.

I imagined them on Tacx Neos, lined up in the nursing home dining room, bunch of 90yr olds :D

rockmoose

Hoooly faakkkk ! Never go on a HERD (D) ride, seen it was supposed 1-1.3wkg but its (D), the fence goes up and the dad jokes start. I knew it was a free kit ride and thought they be spinning around 2wkg or more like a normal (D) ride.

Pic looks like it was taken just before I rode away, 60 seconds later, stripped of the HERD kit, they can fckn keep it. I could hardly get over 100w without riding through the fence.

I imagined them on Tacx Neos, lined up in the nursing home dining room, bunch of 90yr olds :D

View attachment 390507
I especially liked how it had race results, with the winner lucky not to have destroyed their trainer with a gut wrenching 1.03w/kg.

ozzybmx

I especially liked how it had race results, with the winner lucky not to have destroyed their trainer with a gut wrenching 1.03w/kg.
Painful :p

I only stuck with them for so long was because I was paying attention to my cadence, changing gears, ramping up the speed and watching how it changed on screen... it looks ok with the BT sensor over at the right side of the bike.
Also delivered me around to the KOM climb side of Watopia... not that I did it anyway as feeling a bit flat after nights, just did my own route around the island.

ozzybmx

@Shorsau you were just over a minute in front of me tonight but I turned off at the Mayan Jungle, you would have been heading down near the turn off to the Alpe on the Jungle circuit.

Only seen your name for about 30 seconds but your time gap was increasing so either you were heading down hill or there were massive wattbombs being dropped.

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
@Shorsau you were just over a minute in front of me tonight but I turned off at the Mayan Jungle, you would have been heading down near the turn off to the Alpe on the Jungle circuit.

Only seen your name for about 30 seconds but your time gap was increasing so either you were heading down hill or there were massive wattbombs being dropped.
Why not both;)

ozzybmx

Did tonights ride with both BT and ANT+ plugged into non powered 3m USB extensions.

Zwiftalizer analysis shows ANT+ definitely has less losses with the powered 5m USB extension but my BT is pretty much the same in the current position, will move it and try another position later this week.

No drop outs or issues, a solid connection but the 'resend' packages for BT were exactly the same over similar 1.5hr length rides.

I'm nearly glad the ANT+ works better on a Powered USB. In the past few days I have bought...

2 x 5m Powered USB extension
1 x 10m HDMI extension
1 x 3m 4K HDMI extension
2 x 3m USB extension

Feel like I should get a nerds card at Jaycar, could have nearly got my first $10e voucher buying fckn leads.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Did tonights ride with both BT and ANT+ plugged into non powered 3m USB extensions.

Zwiftalizer analysis shows ANT+ definitely has less losses with the powered 5m USB extension but my BT is pretty much the same in the current position, will move it and try another position later this week.

No drop outs or issues, a solid connection but the 'resend' packages for BT were exactly the same over similar 1.5hr length rides.

I'm nearly glad the ANT+ works better on a Powered USB. In the past few days I have bought...

2 x 5m Powered USB extension
1 x 10m HDMI extension
1 x 3m 4K HDMI extension
2 x 3m USB extension

Feel like I should get a nerds card at Jaycar, could have nearly got my first $10e voucher buying fckn leads.

View attachment 390578
Why not just run a single 5m unpowered usb cable to a powered usb hub, then plug the dongles keyboard etc into the usb hub?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

Why not just run a single 5m unpowered usb cable to a powered usb hub, then plug the dongles keyboard etc into the usb hub?
It was another option but lots of reviews/reports of signal interference issues with powered hubs and best results keeping everything separate, including anything USB3.

I'm sacrificing riding outside to gather results for zwiftilizer as it is :)

Saying that, I've done 100km and about 2000vm already this week so it's not that bad.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I actually wanted to buy the real-life jersey. I have a couple of Bibs from them and they're a good product.

ozzybmx

I actually wanted to buy the real-life jersey. I have a couple of Bibs from them and they're a good product.
Well, I am no longer a Strava subscriber and have never been a LE COL so my jersey will cost me £135

You'll get one for £35 being a subscriber when you finish the challenge.

Or you can jump on the Zwifty and knock out 8848vm in one go and grab a freebie.

(dont be riding around outside where you live, hoping for 8848)