Any Zwifters out there?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Legs are ok for now! Just kept a steady pace.

Not sure what radio tower was, must be the 13% kicker after what I thought was the end of the climb?

Update:
Strava says
30min flat epic climb and 8:41 for the radio tower.
I didn't realise you only weigh 40kg. Makes me a right heffalump.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Good work Creaky !

I didn't realise you only weigh 40kg. Makes me a right heffalump.

40kg... that's a better weigh dope than even I attempted.

Beef up mothafakkers ! You get to be this awesome fit looking muscly dude that doesn't go up hills very well :p

Last edited:

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Oh right. I suspend my account for a couple weeks to give TrainerRoad a go and NOW you all come out to play :rolleyes:

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Haven't you heard? TrainerRoad is for clueless arsehats, not well heeled aficionados of the finer things in life, like the handsome community here.

Didn't that stir up the hornets nest.

I don't want to be trying to plan my own training but having to do a certain session by a certain day won't work. I can screenshot the plans and follow along manually though.

I could be way way wrong but I don't have a heap of faith in the Zwift plans, but I also haven't used anything else to compare. I also don't think the TrainerRoad road AI will cope too well with the week on week off training that I'm forced into.

I could do both at the same time, but I'm having enough trouble justifying $22 per month that I'm only using half of, let alone $50.

rockmoose

Didn't that stir up the hornets nest.

I don't want to be trying to plan my own training but having to do a certain session by a certain day won't work. I can screenshot the plans and follow along manually though.

I could be way way wrong but I don't have a heap of faith in the Zwift plans, but I also haven't used anything else to compare. I also don't think the TrainerRoad road AI will cope too well with the week on week off training that I'm forced into.

I could do both at the same time, but I'm having enough trouble justifying $22 per month that I'm only using half of, let alone $50.
Cheaper, and far more scientific, to start a thread. 'What should Cardy George do today?'.

The professional and uber qualified Burner boffins will keep you on track.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Most of the time I do races as they push me harder than workouts, though I just have to press that [page up] button on the keyboard and it nudges up my FTP till complete failure occurs.

Might go a do this Muir and Mountains ride tonight ;)

Heres a link to all the races that have free kits at the end, need to work on that wardrobe if you want to look as good as the RMoose.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I did an erg workout this arvo to try it out. Worked really well.

Way too easy for what was supposed to be ‘Nino’s’ over unders though. I upped the bias to 110% after the first set but was still a bit pointless workout wise.

I guess I need to do an ftp test to correct the 251W it’s calculated for me from my rides so far. Either that or Nino is a sook.

Should I try and pace out the 20min steady state FTP test, or use the ramp test method? Any pros/cons?

rockmoose

I did an erg workout this arvo to try it out. Worked really well.

Way too easy for what was supposed to be ‘Nino’s’ over unders though. I upped the bias to 110% after the first set but was still a bit pointless workout wise.

I guess I need to do an ftp test to correct the 251W it’s calculated for me from my rides so far. Either that or Nino is a sook.

Should I try and pace out the 20min steady state FTP test, or use the ramp test method? Any pros/cons?
I haven't actually gotten around to doing either yet, have just had zwift upping my ftp as I organically put in strong 20min efforts, so my opinion isn't worth squat.

The 20min ftp test is supposed to be more accurate, but you do have to be able to pace yourself well.

That being said, I figure either will give you a better figure than you currently have, and from that base you can move forward with better masochistic workouts.