Any Zwifters out there?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I'll have to give it a go one day..the tyre size makes me nervous though. I got a 2nd hand Orbea Onix for the trainer, so might put the back wheel on it one day.
You'll be surprised. Less forgiving on a loose surface, but same weight on a smaller contact patch + smoother, non-moveable surface = Much fun.

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
I've got the ebike up to around 55km (motor cuts out at 25) going down one of the hills on the veloway..and thats on 2.6 eddy currents. Road bikes must fly down stuff like that.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Doesn't look like you picked the Vines trail up at all Moose?
It dropped it for a smidge through McLaren Vale, both ways, in different ways. Fiddly focker, I couldn't be bothered faffing with it. But apart from that it's all good........ I think........

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
80k out and back.

Check out this route on Strava: https://www.strava.com/routes/2962683978323342934 — Willy to Tonsley

Check out this route on Strava: https://www.strava.com/routes/2962687784325956182 — Bottom to top
Ahhhh, I see what you did there. And as it turns out I've already ridden it, just not in one go.

My best mate lives literally across the road from the Seaford Shopping main entrance, that's why you saw me with the Supercaliber down the beach, and we've ridden to the city and Willunga.

We were staying at his house, I went out for a training blast and he was going to meet me for coffee at the bottom of Willunga Hill. So I rang him at the top and he hadn't even left his house yet. He was expecting me to ride at his pace the whole way. :D

rockmoose

Ahhhh, I see what you did there. And as it turns out I've already ridden it, just not in one go.

My best mate lives literally across the road from the Seaford Shopping main entrance, that's why you saw me with the Supercaliber down the beach, and we've ridden to the city and Willunga.

We were staying at his house, I went out for a training blast and he was going to meet me for coffee at the bottom of Willunga Hill. So I rang him at the top and he hadn't even left his house yet. He was expecting me to ride at his pace the whole way. :D

It is pretty good around here, that you can ride a couple of hundred k's on smooth, scenic tarmac, without jostling with cars.

If you were that way inclined.

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
I'm in Woodcroft..so can go either Coast to vines or veloway from here. Only trouble I've found is that coast to vines is pretty much all downhill heading south. I like going there better than coming back.

rockmoose

I'm in Woodcroft..so can go either Coast to vines or veloway from here. Only trouble I've found is that coast to vines is pretty much all downhill heading south. I like going there better than coming back.
So you have that nice loop around the top of the expressway and the Panalatinga exit. Good both ways, but I prefer anticlockwise.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Setup my trainer, IT doohickeys and Zwift this morning then did my first ride, the 25km one they seem to spool up by default.

Strangely, zwift seemed to suggest that I only earned 2.1 slices of pizza at the completion of the ride, but I ate 3 pieces whilst riding.

By the end of the ride I had my two fans setup!

rockmoose

Setup my trainer, IT doohickeys and Zwift this morning then did my first ride, the 25km one they seem to spool up by default.

Strangely, zwift seemed to suggest that I only earned 2.1 slices of pizza at the completion of the ride, but I ate 3 pieces whilst riding.

View attachment 389656

By the end of the ride I had my two fans setup!
Nice rig. What's your zwift handle?