Any Zwifters out there?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Solid ride @Cardy George

How do the legs feel now?

I bet that fishtank's full.
Cheers Moose. Legs feel like I've just ridden home from work. Similar amount of time on the power, half an hour less on the bike.

I'm just working thru the introductory week, ramp test etc.

FTP is about where I thought it would be.

I put a short and steep rise stem on the bike to make it feel more like a mtb, need to tweak the saddle a bit. I could ride for hours in the wild on that saddle back in the day. Not so much on a trainer though.

Galaxy Tablet S4 did a decent job. I was hotspotting it thru my phone to get the companion on the same network. Zwift said it dropped out part way through the ramp test, but didn't freeze, and a couple of frame rate breaks but that was it.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Cheers Moose. Legs feel like I've just ridden home from work. Similar amount of time on the power, half an hour less on the bike.

I'm just working thru the introductory week, ramp test etc.

FTP is about where I thought it would be.

I put a short and steep rise stem on the bike to make it feel more like a mtb, need to tweak the saddle a bit. I could ride for hours in the wild on that saddle back in the day. Not so much on a trainer though.

Galaxy Tablet S4 did a decent job. I was hotspotting it thru my phone to get the companion on the same network. Zwift said it dropped out part way through the ramp test, but didn't freeze, and a couple of frame rate breaks but that was it.
So, what's your ftp? I'm guessing around 5.5w/kg.

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
Just wondering how real world road bike speed compares to Zwift speeds. All I've got to compare is my hardtail that is generally ridden on gravel or forestry trails. Would nearly 2 x as fast be real world correct?

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Caveat, I don't zwift so not sure I'm qualified to answer your question but have a look at the elevation difference between your rides. Much easier to hold a 30km/h average on the flats than it is in the hills.

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
This one was from 2 laps of same place ..the one above was from 3 laps. So is an issue with garmin elevation reading (off a fenix watch).

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I find the speed of the zwift roadie is very similar to the speed in real life on my roadie. Just going off speed and heart rate I normally aim for on both they are near identical. Real life actually feels easier... But It might have something to do with the fact there are no traffic lights and stop signs in zwift so you're just working constantly.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
So do you reckon a 30km average on a road bike is possible? Don't feel like I'm working that much harder on Zwift.
Are you on a smart trainer that's controlling the effort you have to put in?

When mine is in control the speed on the screen has zero relevance to how hard I'm pedalling.

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
I find the speed of the zwift roadie is very similar to the speed in real life on my roadie. Just going off speed and heart rate I normally aim for on both they are near identical. Real life actually feels easier... But It might have something to do with the fact there are no traffic lights and stop signs in zwift so you're just working constantly.
Some of the hills in Zwift make me piss..but the flat stuff seems easier than real world.
Are you on a smart trainer that's controlling the effort you have to put in?

When mine is in control the speed on the screen has zero relevance to how hard I'm pedalling.
Yeah I've got a wahoo kickr controlling the effort I need to put in.

rockmoose

You would be amazed if you got on a roadie, after cruising around on your mtb. Guaranteed you will be looking down at the bottom bracket to check you're not on an ebike. They gain speed, and hold it that much easier.

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
I'll have to give it a go one day..the tyre size makes me nervous though. I got a 2nd hand Orbea Onix for the trainer, so might put the back wheel on it one day.

rockmoose

I'll have to give it a go one day..the tyre size makes me nervous though. I got a 2nd hand Orbea Onix for the trainer, so might put the back wheel on it one day.
I'm on an onix too. I'll have to get my hot pink zwift lycra back off @Mattyp and we'll hit the Willunga to Tonsley rail trail.