Any Zwifters out there?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Come on @rockmoose you can double up on Alpe du Zwift today and tomorrow... maybe even a couple today ;)
Nah, doing the epic kom both ways, and that killer bonus climb to the tower which is mostly 15%, was enough for me today.
I'll see how I feel in the morning. It will be either bulk flat k's with Coco Cadence, or a slow grind up the Allpe.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Joining the Zwift cult :rolleyes::D

Any reccs for a riser block for the front wheel? there's a 3 pozzi one on cyclingdeal that looks ok

Also, do people just lay a towel on the top tube to deal with sweat, or are those sweat covers worthwhile?
I have a $15 fan from aldi for cooling, and some thin non-slip trainer mat I got online years ago. NFI what to put the lappy on to get the right height though. the Wahoo table things looked like an absolute ripoff.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Joining the Zwift cult :rolleyes::D

Any reccs for a riser block for the front wheel? there's a 3 pozzi one on cyclingdeal that looks ok

Also, do people just lay a towel on the top tube to deal with sweat, or are those sweat covers worthwhile?
I have a $15 fan from aldi for cooling, and some thin non-slip trainer mat I got online years ago. NFI what to put the lappy on to get the right height though. the Wahoo table things looked like an absolute ripoff.
If you have a dedicated zwift bike, I made a stand and removed the front wheel completely.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
If you have a dedicated zwift bike, I made a stand and removed the front wheel completely.
nah, not at this point. I need to get a new groupset so I can put the current one on a frame in a box to make a dedicated zwift bike.

What do you use for a lappy table, Ozzy?

ozzybmx

nah, not at this point. I need to get a new groupset so I can put the current one on a frame in a box to make a dedicated zwift bike.

What do you use for a lappy table, Ozzy?
A TV cabinet and a 40" LED TV. The non smart LED'S are cheap as chips, reckon I paid $80 off scumtree.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
@rockmoose peer pressure...

Initial thoughts vs the old elite turbomuin:
* Quiet as a mouse, can hear my knee joints creaking!

* Stability is terrible, it tips all over the place

* Ramps up quick, hills are definitely harder

* Drops just as quick, I need to put my big ring back on

* I need to tune my gears properly

* I'm definitely a C grade now

It's definitely more engaging than just spinning at my optimal rate, really need to keep an eye on things to be effective. Sub 200w is easier than on the main, 200-230ish feels about the same, upwards of that gets harder exponentially. I don't think I'll be remotely capable of holding 270-290 for an hour like I used to, I only had a 20min ride but I feel like I'll be more around the 240-250 mark now. Sprints are going to suffer bigly too, I highly doubt I'll get close to my old (clearly inflated) figures.

All in all I think like it. Stability is going to be a bugbear but I'll work something out to fix that. I feel better about the accuracy, but I'll need a whole lot more gears to keep up of flats and downhills with the way it drops resistance.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

I highly doubt I'll get close to my old (clearly inflated) figures.
Reminds me of the V1 Kickr we borrowed, apart from my accidental weight doping, when I got it right with weight and stuff I was feeling ok.

Handed back the Kickr and got a more modern Saris S3, holy shit... I am at least 50w worse off than I was with that dodgy (in the right direction) Kickr.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
@rockmoose peer pressure...

Initial thoughts vs the old elite turbomuin:
* Quiet as a mouse, can hear my knee joints creaking!

* Stability is terrible, it tips all over the place

* Ramps up quick, hills are definitely harder

* Drops just as quick, I need to put my big ring back on

* I need to tune my gears properly

* I'm definitely a C grade now

It's definitely more engaging than just spinning at my optimal rate, really need to keep an eye on things to be effective. Sub 200w is easier than on the main, 200-230ish feels about the same, upwards of that gets harder exponentially. I don't think I'll be remotely capable of holding 270-290 for an hour like I used to, I only had a 20min ride but I feel like I'll be more around the 240-250 mark now. Sprints are going to suffer bigly too, I highly doubt I'll get close to my old (clearly inflated) figures.

All in all I think like it. Stability is going to be a bugbear but I'll work something out to fix that. I feel better about the accuracy, but I'll need a whole lot more gears to keep up of flats and downhills with the way it drops resistance.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Oh you poor sap. What was all that talk about not liking pain?

As you have already found, it does make the whole experience much more engaging.

We need to organise an Alpe meetup, so you can drag our sorry arses up in these mythical sub 1 hour efforts. Are you in @ozzybmx