Any Zwifters out there?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Bumped the weight up to 85kg (I am somewhere between there and 90kg) but hope to be sub 85kg in the next 4-6 weeks.

Did a 50 minute C grade ride where the pace was meant to be between 2-3w/kg, it was basically 3w/kg the whole way.

Wasn't paying attention to what was going on and ended up in a group of 6 dropped off the back of the pace group... tried my hardest to get back on but couldn't catch up again, rode the last 10-15 minutes at about 200-220w, ended up over a minute down on the lead group.

View attachment 377354
Yep, you really can't get dropped of you're pretty bang on the pace, definitely can't if you're under it. If you stay mid pack you should be able to put out less than the average for the most part, exceptions being if you're climbing (no draft) or light (power to weight means less than actual power on flat)

It's an approximation of riding, more like a video game you play by pedalling. There's definitely ways to maximise your results from the effort given

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It's an approximation of riding, more like a video game you play by pedalling.
That's it, a bit of fun.

We're all sitting watching TV on a cold Friday night. 9pm I'm in a sweat box dropped off the back of a virtual peloton :p

Next time I do a beacon ride, I'll watch the beacon group rather that the riders around me.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I'm zwifting. Still got a couple of bugs to sort out, but I'm into it.

It is surprisingly enjoyable, unsurprisingly painful, and better in every way, than spinning away watching YouTube.

Rock Moose(RBZ)

I'm the guy with an ftp that could almost power an LED.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Was that ven top challenge, the Alpe D'huez climb?
Nah not If you were on the innsbruck map, would have just been a small speed hump by comparison.
Alpe d'huez climb is on the Watopia map, it's a bit over 1000m of vertical.
Ven Top is on the France map about 1500m of vertical, and you feel every single one of them.
Available maps rotate every couple of days, there are usually 3 available at any time.

rockmoose

Nah not If you were on the innsbruck map, would have just been a small speed hump by comparison.
Alpe d'huez climb is on the Watopia map, it's a bit over 1000m of vertical.
Ven Top is on the France map about 1500m of vertical, and you feel every single one of them.
Available maps rotate every couple of days, there are usually 3 available at any time.
I found that out today. I was all excited to go back and re-climb my hillock in Innsbruck, and it wasn't there.

I have a lot of leveling up to do before I'm allowed near the real climbs.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I found that out today. I was all excited to go back and re-climb my hillock in Innsbruck, and it wasn't there.

I have a lot of leveling up to do before I'm allowed near the real climbs.
yeah, i forget that one. i think the alpe du zwift is closed off to lower levels? probably for the best, there's definitely enough that start with a good level of fitness, but also enough that'd give that a shot and promptly cancel their subscription. can't rememeber ever doing that without starting to get that "i cant possibly go on" feeling by about half way. brutal way to waste an hour, right up there with spraying your eyes with sriracha.

ozzybmx

So our 'lend' of the Wahoo KickR is coming to an end this weekend.

Now looking at buying one.

Looking at some on Pushys as they have 10% off till tomorrow night.

Anyone got the Tacx Flux 2 or Flux S ? Any issues ?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
For what its worth, everyone I know with a trainer has a Kickr... 10% off is good, I don't think I've seen them go on sale, not in the last 12months at least.

rockmoose

I grabbed the Saris H3, with Pushy's 15% off. Can't deny I'm very happy with it. Monster flywheel weighs more then me.

ozzybmx

Joined a (D) grade crit tonight, was feeling good, stuck with them for about the first 5-6 laps out of 12 as they were going really slow.

Went off the front myself and was probably only 20 secs off the group for about 2-3 laps, next thing a warning pops up, too strong for the group and they were 'limiting my power', a green triangle with an arrow pointing up pops up beside my name and all my stats disappeared.

I got reeled in and spat out the back of the group, it was impossible to keep up.

It was a 22km crit and I only had 18km left of the free trail so I couldnt win it anyway :D

And yes my weight was set to the right setting.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

I grabbed the Saris H3, with Pushy's 15% off. Can't deny I'm very happy with it. Monster flywheel weighs more then me.
Over the last 2 days we have been smashing the YouTube reviews.

Mid range $1000-$1200 is the price point.

Kickr Core, Taxc Flux 2, Flux S and Saris H3.

Just ordered the Saris H3 from Pushys with their 10% off for $1079 :)

What 'bugs' you having with yours ?

rockmoose

Over the last 2 days we have been smashing the YouTube reviews.

Mid range $1000-$1200 is the price point.

Kickr Core, Taxc Flux 2, Flux S and Saris H3.

Just ordered the Saris H3 from Pushys with their 10% off for $1079 :)

What 'bugs' you having with yours ?
Most bugs are just my stupidity with account setup.

My issue now is with the trainer dropping connection. I am using Bluetooth........