Any Zwifters out there?

We haven't had the monthly update here yet, well hadn't when I last rode. But it has caused a mountain of bugs throughout the zwiftyverse, a number of which I experienced, even without the new update.

Do your calibration, and see if that fixes your issue. If it doesn't, I would think......... the problem will be resolved when they iron out their glitches.
alas the factory spin down did not resolve the issue

not only does the power fluctuate it also appears to be inaccurate.

I’ve logged a ticket with wahoo, at this stage if I can’t resolve it I won’t be zwifting and I will have to spin aimlessly on the wahoo app or maybe I’ll take my chances out on the road before work :eek:

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
alas the factory spin down did not resolve the issue

not only does the power fluctuate it also appears to be inaccurate.

I’ve logged a ticket with wahoo, at this stage if I can’t resolve it I won’t be zwifting and I will have to spin aimlessly on the wahoo app or maybe I’ll take my chances out on the road before work :eek:
Can you check if you are on update 1.33? Lots of comments on zwiftinsider seem to be saying exactly what you are experiencing.

rockmoose

@rockmoose I‘m on the og snap, it’s running the latest firmware (2.3.59) which is dated 2017 (????)
Not your snap, I'm referring to what zwift update you are running?

The new update has been causing hell in the Northern hemisphere. They get it before us. But the last time I rode, still on the previous update, I was experiencing gremlins too. I assume it's because most on the game are already on the new update???

I didn't ERG mode though. If I can be fudged, I will try an erg workout in the morning.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
have any of you lot stumbled on "cadesport" yet?
https://cadesport.com/

i've downloaded it, will probably give it a whizz tomorrow. menu looks busy, but could mean a pile of features that we didn't know we needed. interesting method of racing available too, where it measures effort (based on an average over a month) rather than power/weight. also looks cartoonier, which i like because i'm still 12.

rockmoose

have any of you lot stumbled on "cadesport" yet?
https://cadesport.com/

i've downloaded it, will probably give it a whizz tomorrow. menu looks busy, but could mean a pile of features that we didn't know we needed. interesting method of racing available too, where it measures effort (based on an average over a month) rather than power/weight. also looks cartoonier, which i like because i'm still 12.
If zwift don't do a ground up rebuild of their platform soon, cadesport might suddenly gain a massive market. I hope their software is up to the task......

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
If zwift don't do a ground up rebuild of their platform soon, cadesport might suddenly gain a massive market. I hope their software is up to the task......
that was as anti climactic as it gets. jump on, navigate the fancy menu, find a fancy track, start pedalling.

first up, it was telling me i was doing substantially more power than my normal zwift efforts - okay, i can dig being spectacular all of a sudden
next, start crashing everywhere - wtf, looks like the steering feature cant be turned off? bugger me, i just want to spin my legs, and i dont have a proper steery thingo yet (in the works though, 3d printer to the rescue)

i'll have a look into whether steering can be turned off another time, tonight i just wanted to ride and head inside. another time maybe...

creaky

XMAS Plumper
No luck solving my problem so tomorrow it’s a case of ”boys and girls come out to play, on the busy motorway”

Have you tried it in ergo mode for workouts to see if the power output seems consistent?

My power output reading on screen started fluctuating around when free riding in zwift a few months ago (I think I mentioned it in this thread) even though I feel like I’m pedalling consistently. I think it has improved now but I reckon it’s still not as steady a reading as it once was on Zwift.

Ergo workout sessions still seem to perform correctly.

rockmoose

that was as anti climactic as it gets. jump on, navigate the fancy menu, find a fancy track, start pedalling.

first up, it was telling me i was doing substantially more power than my normal zwift efforts - okay, i can dig being spectacular all of a sudden
next, start crashing everywhere - wtf, looks like the steering feature cant be turned off? bugger me, i just want to spin my legs, and i dont have a proper steery thingo yet (in the works though, 3d printer to the rescue)

i'll have a look into whether steering can be turned off another time, tonight i just wanted to ride and head inside. another time maybe...
From the blurb, it says steering can be turned off. Your wattbombs however, can't.

Have you tried it in ergo mode for workouts to see if the power output seems consistent?

My power output reading on screen started fluctuating around when free riding in zwift a few months ago (I think I mentioned it in this thread) even though I feel like I’m pedalling consistently. I think it has improved now but I reckon it’s still not as steady a reading as it once was on Zwift.

Ergo workout sessions still seem to perform correctly.
no I haven’t I just assumed it would be too funky but I will give that a shot, thanks

So my kickr seems to be working ok in erg mode once I get to 150 watts.

tech support asked me to ride for a minute at 100, then in 50 watt increments to 300 then back down in reverse to 100 watts. And then send them the file. Once I cleared the initial 100 watts it stopped fluctuating.

those 5 beers I had at a bbq were not sitting well for a little while after the test.

rockmoose

So my kickr seems to be working ok in erg mode once I get to 150 watts.

tech support asked me to ride for a minute at 100, then in 50 watt increments to 300 then back down in reverse to 100 watts. And then send them the file. Once I cleared the initial 100 watts it stopped fluctuating.

those 5 beers I had at a bbq were not sitting well for a little while after the test.
Surely they'll just send you a new one???

Or is there some technofuckery they can do from wahoo land? I would find that deeply unsettling

I doubt I will get a new one, it’s gotta be 4 yrs old and I don‘t even remember where I got it, let alone have the receipt for it.

I think it will be ok for training

And the answer finally is ......

There is no problem, must be interference, lol there isn't another device anywhere near the trainer, and it is paired to only one device.

rockmoose

.......... and it only interferes below 150w?

Is your recovery zone below 150, when doing a structured workout? Mine certainly is.