Any Zwifters out there?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
@Cardy George just noticed you have the liney screen when approaching workout gates.

Zwift calls this the 'Pain effect' and its shit. It makes it look like your screen is fckt up and cant handle coming towards a blue light.

Go to settings and disable/turn off PAIN EFFECT.

Some may like it but it was annoying the shit out of me.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
@Cardy George just noticed you have the liney screen when approaching workout gates.

Zwift calls this the 'Pain effect' and its shit. It makes it look like your screen is fckt up and cant handle coming towards a blue light.

Go to settings and disable/turn off PAIN EFFECT.

Some may like it but it was annoying the shit out of me.

View attachment 390636
Yep, took a couple rides to realise what was going on. Not fussed one way or the other so haven't done anything about it.

Well, I am no longer a Strava subscriber and have never been a LE COL so my jersey will cost me £135

You'll get one for £35 being a subscriber when you finish the challenge.

Or you can jump on the Zwifty and knock out 8848vm in one go and grab a freebie.

(dont be riding around outside where you live, hoping for 8848)

View attachment 390635
All over that one too. My problem is I've (probably) run out of days to get it done.

If I had found the route I used today at the start of the month it would've been a different story.

ozzybmx

If I had found the route I used today at the start of the month it would've been a different story.
The quickest way to climb is select JUNGLE CIRCUIT, do a U-turn immediately off the start line and ~400m later, you are at the bottom of the Reverse Epic KOM. I reckon its a nicer ride than any of the other hills (so far), though still to do the whole Ventoux.

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
I was just watching a video on that this morning @ozzybmx..this guys method was to climb as high as you can on epic before feeling flogged, then turn around and use the downhill momentum through a dip and up a short climb to the the apex and then turn around and repeat for a many reps as you can. Reckons it's faster than gaining elevation through climbing all the way up?

ozzybmx

I was just watching a video on that this morning @ozzybmx..this guys method was to climb as high as you can on epic, then turn around and use the downhill momentum through a dip and up a short climb to the the apex and then turn around and repeat for a many reps as you can. Reckons it's faster than gaining elevation through climbing all the way up?
Yes seen that vid a while back, was an Asian bloke ? He's right but its boring as fekk doing up and down that one section on the second corner. I did a few repeats of it at one stage, a lot of gear changes needed.

I don't mind the climb all the way up, its an easy ~30 mins and gets you about ~400m, nearly 500m if you shoot down the other side.

Got my riding jocks on ;) Just about to fire up Zwift now.

ozzybmx

Here you go, 485vm in 33minutes, thats doing a U'ey on the Jungle Circuit. So no lead in of 5-7km as a warm up, straight into the climb after 400m and nearly 500m to the radio tower.

I reckon its the quickest way to get elevation if you are only looking for a short ~30 minute blast.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I was just watching a video on that this morning @ozzybmx..this guys method was to climb as high as you can on epic before feeling flogged, then turn around and use the downhill momentum through a dip and up a short climb to the the apex and then turn around and repeat for a many reps as you can. Reckons it's faster than gaining elevation through climbing all the way up?
That's all well and good, but what benefit are you getting? A big fat nothing. These bozo's then go on to the magimix and weight doping, and fail to grasp the concept that they are actually losing.

I reckon old mate ex pro, with his bike shop in th US would be a classic for this.

I have a tron bike. As do thousands of others. It doesn't mean squat. But fuck I worked for it, and pushed myself through some hellish pain. Not particularly because I wanted the bike. That is a nice little trinket to aim for, but realyl I wanted to get better.

I am still rubbish compared to real cyclists, but I'm shitloads better than I was a year ago.

Using an 'easy' method to get a glowing bike, that you'll then be too ashamed to use because you haven't got the climbing miles in the legs to do it justice, is a sure fire recipe for disaster.

You are only cheating yourself. No one else could give a shit. They're all too busy, engrossed in their own activity to care.

ozzybmx

Yoinker says he'll do a Zwift too, Radio tower sir ? Yeah ok... 18 minutes from the U turn on the Jungle Circuit, he's at the top.

So its 33 minutes for some :rolleyes:

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
That's all well and good, but what benefit are you getting? A big fat nothing. These bozo's then go on to the magimix and weight doping, and fail to grasp the concept that they are actually losing.

I reckon old mate ex pro, with his bike shop in th US would be a classic for this.

I have a tron bike. As do thousands of others. It doesn't mean squat. But fuck I worked for it, and pushed myself through some hellish pain. Not particularly because I wanted the bike. That is a nice little trinket to aim for, but realyl I wanted to get better.

I am still rubbish compared to real cyclists, but I'm shitloads better than I was a year ago.

Using an 'easy' method to get a glowing bike, that you'll then be too ashamed to use because you haven't got the climbing miles in the legs to do it justice, is a sure fire recipe for disaster.

You are only cheating yourself. No one else could give a shit. They're all too busy, engrossed in their own activity to care.
I'd say the benefit would be a Tron bike Moose, but not for me if it's a gateway to magimix and weight doping..is a slippery slope that one:oops:

ozzybmx

Hate to ask..but what is Magimix? I googled it, but it's a kitchen appliance apparently.
I believe an insinuation of a motor in the cranks. Well, that's what I thought it meant from a comment a few pages back.

Oh, and the magimix. I never jump on without my trusty kitchen accessory.
Magimix, battery drill, e-bike... you need to get out more @rockmoose

I dont think anyone here is taking it that seriously, its a fun... game.

The up and down video from above is not cheating, its a very boring, energy zapping, intensive way at getting elevation quicker than climbing the Alpe, have a go, there's nothing fun about it.

The same could be said for doing workouts up the Alpe, ERG mode is the same on the flats as it is up a hill.

ozzybmx

While were on the topic of the Magimix 5000. Spotted this vid when trying to sort out my BT/ANT+ dropouts.

400w average, that would be 30minute Alpes, could notch up 20,000vm overnight while you sleep.

Maybe there's a market to buy Zwift accounts at level 50 with 20 squillion sweat drops. Get busy !

rockmoose

I'm not implying anyone here is cheating, just saying there's a lot of it out there, and the benefits are nil. As @ozzybmx rightly points out, it's a game. But a game, where you can get real benefits, both physically and mentally. Why would someone deny themselves the benefits? I genuinely don't know.

I'm most stoked to see @Shorsau benefits and improvements. From not long ago, actively avoiding anything that went upwards, he now has the sickness like so many of us, of bizarrely looking for elevation. A little bit at first, then it grows.

He, and anyone that does this, and improves, has no bearing on my life whatsoever. But it fills me with joy, pride and inspiration to get out there and attack my next session. That's what it's all about for me.

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
I believe an insinuation of a motor in the cranks. Well, that's what I thought it meant from a comment a few pages back.

I figured it must have been something like that

Magimix, battery drill, e-bike... you need to get out more @rockmoose

I dont think anyone here is taking it that seriously, its a fun... game.

The up and down video from above is not cheating, its a very boring, energy zapping, intensive way at getting elevation quicker than climbing the Alpe, have a go, there's nothing fun about it.

The same could be said for doing workouts up the Alpe, ERG mode is the same on the flats as it is up a hill.

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
I'm not implying anyone here is cheating, just saying there's a lot of it out there, and the benefits are nil. As @ozzybmx rightly points out, it's a game. But a game, where you can get real benefits, both physically and mentally. Why would someone deny themselves the benefits? I genuinely don't know.

I'm most stoked to see @Shorsau benefits and improvements. From not long ago, actively avoiding anything that went upwards, he now has the sickness like so many of us, of bizarrely looking for elevation. A little bit at first, then it grows.

He, and anyone that does this, and improves, has no bearing on my life whatsoever. But it fills me with joy, pride and inspiration to get out there and attack my next session. That's what it's all about for me.
It's certainly helped me with real world biking Moose, which I still prefer. I'm not much into the structured training side of it, but I find it good to top up the weekly km and get a bit (not too much) elevation into the legs. Weather has turned nice here this morning..might get out before it changes:)

rockmoose

Huge turnout for the RB heckle fest. As the group leader it was my job to herd the cats. I managed to get this group shot, that included the ring in.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
At least you had some company. How was the chit chat?

I was planning to get down to the shed by 5, but then it seemed the event was 7pm so I must have had my wires crossed. Couldn’t do 7 unfortunately.

How does that elastic band thing work?

rockmoose

At least you had some company. How was the chit chat?

I was planning to get down to the shed by 5, but then it seemed the event was 7pm so I must have had my wires crossed. Couldn’t do 7 unfortunately.

How does that elastic band thing work?
Chit chat was good. Maria is good, wholesome company. I haven't tried teeing up discord to the zwift insider server yet, so just text.

I couldn't find the rubber band thing, so the boss probably needs to set that up, but I think he's currently on death's door with Mon pox.