another over the hill NSW rider.

greendream

Likes Bikes
Hello All,
I've been a long time time member, since the farking days, regularly reading the forums but not participating in the discussions. hifiandmtb, whom I've known for quite some time, encouraged me to get back into it. So here I am.
I'm a '66 model and been into MTB's since the mid 80's when I purchased a Diamondback Topanga courtesy of a Melbourne Cup Sweep win. That bike lasted me quite some time until I Iifted my game and got onto some proper bikes: Gary Fisher Taserjara (sold), Dean hardtail (stolen), Ironhorse MK111 (swingarm was shite,sold to become an early ebike), Turner 5 Spot (broken seat tube after 5 yrs riding), GT ZASKER Pro carbon 25 anniversary edition (sold, a bit too highly strung for me) and my current, & best bike, Ibis Ripley 4.
I am fortunate to live 100m from my local trail head in the Hills district of Sydney and get out for a spin a much as possible. My bike (or the "black girlfriend" as my missus calls it) is my hobby and Iook after her so she will look after me in the bush.

I hope to keep on learning & having a laugh here and perhaps add something of value from time to time.

Attachments

greendream

Likes Bikes
Shite, I forgot to mention the ‘06 Kona Explosif Dedacciai CroMo which I still have hanging up in the garage in all it’s 27 speed glory.