Another one bites the dust. Cell bikes in administration

DJR

Likes Dirt
So i looked at the cellbikes.com.au site today for some reason and it was blank.

Did a bit of digging and its parent company Plex Pty Ltd is in administration after insolvency.

https://insolvencynotices.asic.gov....91196342/09365820-a998-4bff-84ae-e64d7e2d242e

I haven't bought anything from there besides a pair of shoes at the end of last year, but from the google reviews it looked like they were having issues for about 3-4 months before it went to liquidation.

scblack

Leucocholic
Bugger, I've bought plenty from them, though nothing for over a year or so. Been great service too from them.

moorey

call me Mia
Dang. Until recently, my go-to for well priced MAXXIS rubber. Stock hasn’t been available lately.

Z

Zaf

Dang. Until recently, my go-to for well priced MAXXIS rubber. Stock hasn’t been available lately.
The Bicycle Entrepreneur in WA dos good Maxxis prices.
But MTB Direct are doing a sale on Onza tires in 26", everything else is still full price.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well that explains why it took 4 weeks for them to send a set of xt brake pads a few months ago.. Terrible communication from them all through it. Usually they were good..

camo71

Likes Dirt
Bit of a shame , I noticed they started doing a massive amount of emails a few months back , ended up unsubscribing as it was just too much - explains a bit now I guess .​

teK--

Eats Squid
Shame. I always liked that shop and shopped there occasionally. They had an obscure range of stuff (with big gaps) but usually well priced and good service.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
It is a pity, they had sharp prices and fast delivery. always helped out if things didn't go to plan. Oh well, buying bike bits is almost exclusively an online process now.

moorey

call me Mia
The Bicycle Entrepreneur in WA dos good Maxxis prices.
But MTB Direct are doing a sale on Onza tires in 26", everything else is still full price.
My other go-to, but no MAXXIS 26 in what I want any more (EXO minion).
Zee Germans are my only current option at a decent price.

With respect, cram your onza.

Nick 77

Squid
Cycling deal in Hallam Vic. has that weird mix of stuff that Cell bike had. Its my understanding the dude running it gets the product direct from Hong Kong. There can be really good items but you need to filter through the lesser items. Service was good, not bought much however. A great place to buy stuff for your mud bike without breaking the bank.

moorey

call me Mia
Cycling deal in Hallam Vic. has that weird mix of stuff that Cell bike had. Its my understanding the dude running it gets the product direct from Hong Kong. There can be really good items but you need to filter through the lesser items. Service was good, not bought much however. A great place to buy stuff for your mud bike without breaking the bank.
Cyclingdeal can get fully fucked. Tried to deal with them over a warranty issue recently. They started off unhelpful, then became rude, then just stopped responding.
Never again.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Cyclingdeal can get fully fucked. Tried to deal with them over a warranty issue recently. They started off unhelpful, then became rude, then just stopped responding.
Never again.
Sounds a bit like Cell towards the end.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Never a qualm with cell, and used regularly.

Used to use cyclingdeal....I’m not finished fucking with them yet.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I tried to warrant a freehub on a rim with CD about 6 years ago and they wanted no part in it. The stuff is cheap and it's the chance you take, overall everything has been ok from them.

moorey

call me Mia
(*Just to clarify, the below is about cyclingdeal, not Cell. Nothing but good experiences from Cell.)

Brand new forks developed knock after 2 rides. Not bought from them, but was referred to them as the service and warranty centre for Aus. They accused me of grey importing. I showed them receipt. They accused me of buying knockoffs with scratched off serial number. Sent pic of serial number.
They said it wasn’t their problem and stopped all correspondence. I asked to be put in contact with manager. Numerous times. No replies.
Sent forks off to Shockcraft NZ at my expense. Dougal is awesome and said it was clear warranty issue, said Cyclingdeal are in the wrong, and resolved free and dealt with the manufacturer. I was $100+ our of pocket for postage, but indebted to Dougal for his help.

Last edited: