An Orange called Don

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Air compressor.

Nozzle in the little hole in the grip. Hand over the opposite end of the handle bar. Inflate and slide.

Otherwise plenty of spit. Just like any other sticky bar.
I always found metho to be good - lubricates enough for a short window of time to jam it on. Cable ties are another trick

Ourys are buggers to get off. Have to basically roll it off like a very very very thick and ribbed condom....

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Air compressor.

Nozzle in the little hole in the grip. Hand over the opposite end of the handle bar. Inflate and slide.

Otherwise plenty of spit. Just like any other sticky bar.
Well that narrows down the options since I don't have an air compressor! :)

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
For grip installation of the fully rubbery non lock on flavours, I have always popped them in a hot cup of water, let them expand and dry them off. Used some hairspray on the bars where the grips will fit. The grips just slide on and stay put once the hairspray dries. Easy.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
All you oury fan Bois! I had a set of their slip ons a while back. As a large jadned person I liked the thickness but somehow my hands just hated the squish! Which was the main reason I wanted them. Between the knobs and the texture my hands were getting torn up and calloused much more than other grips I was using. I was so sad it was almost a relief when some numb nutted cunt stole that bike!

I also found that the slightest hint of moisture and they became very loose in the bar.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Between the knobs and the texture my hands were getting torn up and calloused much more than other grips I was using.
You have very delicate canine hands. The Ourys need a bit of time till they round off and then they are like those pair of old jeans that you never want to throw out.

I also found that the slightest hint of moisture and they became very loose in the bar.
Hairspray.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If you're not locking on, get bask in the truck.
Damn fucking right. I demand double locks too. Why the fuck are all these right arse brands now rolling out single lock grips?

The specific slippery fucks in question were glow in the dark. How could I not? FYI - they didn't glow on the dark very well.

ausdb

Being who he is
Ourys are buggers to get off. Have to basically roll it off like a very very very thick and ribbed condom....
Long time Oury fanboi here, I've always used two cable ties and a squirt bottle of water to get them off. Same process as getting them on in reverse.

As for slipping, there's enough space in the grooves to go old style moto-x hard core and lock wire them on.

Last edited: