An Orange called Don

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I shall call it Don the Con. Its orange, over weight, unsophisticated, over valued, has a bunch of weirdos as fans, and it goes down hill fast...

2021 Orange Five Evo frameset in Fizzy Orange on order. Still waiting on the factory schedule and delivery date though.... I suspect patience will be a virtue here.

So nothing to take a photo of yet :( Am getting the Fox 34 forks and WTB wheelset from Orange, rest is M6100 and assorted spare parts I already had lying around.

Frame: 2021 Orange Five Evo (M), Fizzy Orange, 130mm travel
Shock: Fox Float
Headset: Brand X
Fork: Fox Performance 34 Float 140mm, 41mm offset
Stem: ZTTO, 50mm, 31.8mm
Bars: Giant Contact from the spare parts collection..
Grips: Jet Black Rivet
Bottom Bracket: Shimano threaded
Cranks: Deore M6020
Pedals: ZTTO platforms
Chain: Deore 12sp
Cassette: Deore 12sp
Shifter: XT 12sp
Brakes: Deore 4 pots
Rotors: ST66 203/180mm
Rims: WTB ST Light i30
Front Hub: Strange Pro 27 15mm, boost
Front Tyre: Goodyear Newton 2.4
Rear Hub: Strange Pro 27, 142mm.
Rear Tyre: Goodyear Newton 2.4
Seat Post: One Up 150mm
Seat post lever: ZTTO wolf tooth knockoff
Seat: Giant from the spare parts collection
Seat Post Clamp: Strange, 34.9mm

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm keeping both for a while until I work out which one to keep - then one goes up for sale, cant afford to keep both! I love my Trance, so not sure how this will turn out.
This will turn out a lot better than the trance.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
2021 Orange Five Evo frameset in Fizzy Orange on order. Still waiting on the factory schedule and delivery date though.... I suspect patience will be a virtue here.
That bike link deserves to go in the douche listing of the day thread. $9,500 for a bike with an SX drivetrain, RS 35 Silver/ Delux Select suspension combo and a WTB i30 wheelset is fucking daylight robbery. Orange clearly use an unobtanium version of 6061 for the frame...

Haakon

Keeps on digging
That bike link deserves to go in the douche listing of the day thread. $9,500 for a bike with an SX drivetrain, RS 35 Silver/ Delux Select suspension combo and a WTB i30 wheelset is fucking daylight robbery. Orange clearly use an unobtanium version of 6061 for the frame...
Prices are wrong - that should be about $6K which is still silly for bloody SX. I avoiding an accurate price count, but I'm building it with Fox 34 and M6100 (with M8100 shifter) for about what they're charging for that SX version. Aliexpress and spare parts collections FTW!

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
WTAF o_O haha, well played but wow!

I hired one of these a couple of years ago. Found it pretty different, but good fun though! Didn't spend enough time with it of course, but I'll be keen to see this once you've got it together! If you hate it.... is it a M? :p

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Fcuk me! $15k for the SX version (Evo RS) - they have to be taking the piss
Even a SB130 or 5010 (both full carbon) are only $9 to $10.5k

moorey

call me Mia
Aussie distro prices have been up the shit for years. NFI why they keep doing it. I think they mean that’s the max prices with premium builds.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I've always wanted a P7 but the price has always made it a silly option compared to what else you can get. I still have a P7 t-shirt that I bought with the anticipation though :)

Haakon

Keeps on digging
WTAF o_O haha, well played but wow!

I hired one of these a couple of years ago. Found it pretty different, but good fun though! Didn't spend enough time with it of course, but I'll be keen to see this once you've got it together! If you hate it.... is it a M? :p
It is a Medium ;)

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Aussie distro prices have been up the shit for years. NFI why they keep doing it. I think they mean that’s the max prices with premium builds.
Rick says they just keep messing up the site. It had correct prices on it before christmas... Lets hope they're better welders than website developers.