Altering the travel on an Spesh Epic

kooga

Likes Bikes
Hi, Reading that the standard forks on my spesh epic (RockShox Reba RLT 29) are able to have the travel changed on them by simply removing a spacer. I want to know how much this affect's the bike, does the increase travel make it handle like a dog ect? I dont race regularly, however enjoy trying the longer endurance races, but also at the same time love bombing down trail's and really enjoy riding You Yang's. Will the increased travel make me hate endurance event's/slow me down greatly?

Also, i am at the stage where i need to change my cluster, chain and front chainring's. Looking for chainring's on CRC it seem's there are not many "Middle" ring's and i am not which brands are considered good? Any help appreciated

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Remove the spacer and go for a ride on the bike - it will alter your position on the bike a bit but I doubt it will worsen your cornering bike handling skills. Part of having a bike is experimenting what is best for you.

Re: chainrings, just go 2 x 10. Middle chainrings are so 2009 ;-)

Seriously though, Shimano (SLX and above) or SRAM (X7 and above) - you can't go wrong with either.