All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Can I assume folks here know of TraceVelo on YouTube?
More road and gravel content but gadgets, tools, chains and cassettes are relevant

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I know the answer is 'washers' but no 200mm. Also why the fuck do SRAM make 200mm rotors?!
They introduced them, and 180mm, after they bought Avid as a FU to the rest of the manufacturers, and to make everyone need new adapters. Interestingly the market changed to 180 pretty quickly, but 200/203 still exists. I guess because 200/203 is very easy to get around, but 180/185 is harder to shim or grind.

At least, that's how I remember it. I could be very wrong - wouldn't be the first time!

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Anyone seen 37mm Aliexpress foam rings? Can’t find them when I search. But searches seem, let’s say, unique on AEx.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Anyone seen 37mm Aliexpress foam rings? Can’t find them when I search. But searches seem, let’s say, unique on AEx.
Never seen them in 37mm, sorry. And yeah, Ali has an interesting search function. Choose your words wisely!

I thought you were taking the Mickey, but you want them for Mezzers yeah?

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Good news - the brakes arrived
Bad news - I am recovering from man flu and don't know when I will be able to give them a good test. Hopefully Monday.

View attachment 400275

View attachment 400276
They look pretty sweet. Calliper in particular. Lever looks good to but a bit chunkier than I imagined.

They have a nice industrial look. I’m still really tempted so looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them.

Are they dot or mineral oil?

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Wow they actually look nice. Do they have a hinged clamp or slide on?
Slide on. The c-part of the clamp can be removed, but it's easiest to just remove your grips and slide the levers on.

I had a set on my old kiddy-hauling bike and they were fine.
As @CHEWY said, they arrive set up US. It's quick and easy to swap the levers over as one is not connected anyway. I also didn't have to bleed mine. Though I think I read or heard somewhere that the thread for the lever bleed port might need an adaptor? I'm not 100% sure about this.