All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

bigdamo

Likes Dirt
Has anyone tried this
Hydraulic Disc Brake Hose Oil Tube Connector Kit Mountain Road Bicycle Brake Hosing Cable Set BH59 BH90 for Shimano
Ok I got this hose fitted it bled it and rode it a few times. Looks the same as original, measures the same as the original, braking and feel the same as original the only difference I can tell is the price. The olive that came with it is not so good.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I bought an SLX groupo from DELIC-BIKE store and can confirm it appears entirely legit and was delivered in good time.

Cheers for the tip @yuley95. Was looking for a M6100 cassette and they're not in AU for a looooong time by anyone's guess. Ordered a few days ago, should be here fairly quickly, hopefully my luck is as good as yours.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
AU $7.38 40%OFF | ZTTO 4Pairs MTB Semi Metal BIke Brake Pads Quiet Ceramic For Bicycle Disc Brake M8020 M6100 mt200 Guide Code E9 DB ER MT6 MT4

Excellent value for money, not noisy, stop well, bed in quickly and haven't disintegrated our blown up.
Cheers Wkkie, great price.

Grabbed a 4 pack of the 01B which will fit my Shimano 105 gravel bike brakes.

I dont need anything impressive for those as I can lock both wheels up anyway.

Last edited:

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Cheers for the tip @yuley95. Was looking for a M6100 cassette and they're not in AU for a looooong time by anyone's guess. Ordered a few days ago, should be here fairly quickly, hopefully my luck is as good as yours.
Wow, so I ordered on the 23rd Dec, ETA 28th January. Arrived this arvo! Must have managed to get the express trip through the system.

Looks and feels genuine, compared to the SLX I already have from Bike Bug :)

Definitely worth it if you can't find the cassette you need locally.

I'll update with shifting results when I build up the wheelset tonight and ride it over the next few days on the hardcore hardtail commuter.

Last edited:

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Wow, so I ordered on the 23rd Dec, ETA 28th January. Arrived this arvo! Must have managed to get the express trip through the system.

Looks and feels genuine, compared to the SLX I already have from Bike Bug :)

Definitely worth it if you can't find the cassette you need locally.

I'll update with shifting results when I build up the wheelset tonight and ride it over the next few days on the hardcore hardtail commuter.
Good to hear! My shifter, derailleur and cassette are all running sweet and def seem legit

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Small update on the cassette, which is basically nothing to report, in a good way. Small commute yesterday, about 15km each way, and no noticeble issues with shifting. A few good hills on the route, and I did a few dodgy/loaded shifts, but didn't skip a beat.

The real test will now be my other half's bike, with a mix of 12sp components. Planning on M8100 shifter, M7100 deraileur and M6100 cassette (her bike is already a tank, so a few grams on the cassette vs full steel is worth it). Interstingly the chains aren't mch cheaper through the Delic seller, so I'll probably source that locally just to be sure.=

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got a few sets of cable inners from our mates at Ali. The black coated ones are not great, they are for kids bikes only.
I recently got some like the ones linked above, they seem ok but are steel not stainless so need a good lube to ensure there's no rust issues. They appear to have a coating of some sort, looks a bit like nickel but I reckon it's probably just paint

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I've got some "stainless" ones and they were actually gal and rough. Not really usable. Would love to find some proper smooth stainless ones. The rougher cables just wear the outer plastic liners on any sharp bends and create the impression of "cable stretch" as they wear away the liner. The smoother the cable the less this occurs.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I've bought these cables in the past, haven't used them yet, but they are smooth ground. Link in post.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I've bought these cables in the past, haven't used them yet, but they are smooth ground. Link in post.

Excellent. Just ordered some.

takai

Eats Squid
What is the go with carbon wheel sets these days? China carbon used to be all the rage, but what about now?

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Small update on the cassette, which is basically nothing to report, in a good way. Small commute yesterday, about 15km each way, and no noticeble issues with shifting. A few good hills on the route, and I did a few dodgy/loaded shifts, but didn't skip a beat.

The real test will now be my other half's bike, with a mix of 12sp components. Planning on M8100 shifter, M7100 deraileur and M6100 cassette (her bike is already a tank, so a few grams on the cassette vs full steel is worth it). Interstingly the chains aren't mch cheaper through the Delic seller, so I'll probably source that locally just to be sure.=
Just checked my chain over the weekend and it seems to have pretty high wear for a chain with just 350km's on it. I feel confident the shifter/derailleur/cassette are legit but not 100% sure on the chain so if they are similar price local, I'd go with that.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
What is the go with carbon wheel sets these days? China carbon used to be all the rage, but what about now?
I'd assume they're still just as good, if not better. My main bike runs Reserve as, at the time I built it I was flush with cash (aka before kids) and built my "dream bike", but all my other bikes in the shed on carbon are on Light Bicycle, and I ran them for years without any major issue. The carbon is probably all the same from the Chinese, but the backup can be better/worse depending on who you go with.

I'd still buy Light Bicycle in a heartbeatif I needed a new carbon wheelset.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Just checked my chain over the weekend and it seems to have pretty high wear for a chain with just 350km's on it. I feel confident the shifter/derailleur/cassette are legit but not 100% sure on the chain so if they are similar price local, I'd go with that.
Yeah, with the weekend pricing exploration it's come down to Cassette & Shifter from Ali, as they were about half the price and, most importantly available in the case of the cassette. The Derailleur & chain are coming from local shops and the price was good and the availability there.