All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone played with the ZTTO P3 wheelsets? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003683868438.html?gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

Need a new one for the pub/commuter bike after some drongo bent every wheel in the bike rack. Price and bling tick all the boxes.
Until someone goes Guinea pig, we will continue to have crickets.

Personally, I'd buy a set of cheap new or used branded off Smackbook. Plenty of great commuting options way under the weight of those AE wheels.
I have been looking at them for a bike to take when caravanning, only because I can get front in 15x100 and rear in 9mm QR at a reasonable price. Bike will just be for bike paths and the odd firetrail so if it’s made of cheese I don’t really care.
I probably won’t be buying them for a few months though, if you can wait that long for a review.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I have been looking at them for a bike to take when caravanning, only because I can get front in 15x100 and rear in 9mm QR at a reasonable price. Bike will just be for bike paths and the odd firetrail so if it’s made of cheese I don’t really care.
I probably won’t be buying them for a few months though, if you can wait that long for a review.
I heard you have to buy these brakes to match the wheels.

thug

Squid
I have tried the P3 hubs. Laced them up to some DT Swiss M462 rims. On a short travel 29 around the local MTB parks I have done just under 1500 km on them. They have 72 points of engagement and roll well. The freehub bodies are very soft and gouge quite easily making it hard to get the cassette off when i went to swap it at about the 900km mark. An XD freehub might be better. The pawls have held up better than expected with only slight wear so far. Would buy again because they are reasonably priced, and spare freehubs are about $30. or I could just buy another set of hubs and get spare bearings. Proper review when i get more km's on them.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again

Flow-Rider

Burner
I’d give them a run but can get Shimano MT200 for less and I don’t need 4 pots for bike paths.
I‘m tempted for the commuter. It’s the old ‘imagine it they turn out to be as good as trickstuff!?!?’ fallacy… but tempting all the same
I was going to buy some and then remembered that I had about 20 sets of spare brake pads that wouldn't fit them and still have a spare new set of Magura MT2s. Got to be some shortcuts taken at that price, but where?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I was going to buy some and then remembered that I had about 20 sets of spare brake pads that wouldn't fit them and still have a spare new set of Magura MT2s. Got to be some shortcuts taken at that price, but where?
Marketing.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Marketing.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
And probably a single piece cast caliper. And maybe lack of aftermarket part availability.

It's a throwaway set. That is, if the lever snaps, you can't exactly get just the lever, it's a full set or nothing.
That said, I'd be curious if Magura or Shimano levers could be used with them.

Flow-Rider

Burner
And probably a single piece cast caliper. And maybe lack of aftermarket part availability.

It's a throwaway set. That is, if the lever snaps, you can't exactly get just the lever, it's a full set or nothing.
That said, I'd be curious if Magura or Shimano levers could be used with them.
You can buy complete levers on their own, but even with sram and formula the spare parts are ridiculously priced then add shipping and spare parts are also obsolete a lot of times I've found.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
You can buy complete levers on their own, but even with sram and formula the spare parts are ridiculously priced then add shipping and spare parts are also obsolete a lot of times I've found.
It's like they want us to keep spending money with upgrades and replacements!
The small spare parts availability (lack thereof) is so frustrating. The big companies definitely don't like tinkerers. I resent their downright refusal for the right to repair, particularly when something could be fixed with a cheap bit of plastic or metal.

SJS cycles in the UK stock lots of small Shimano brake parts, but the shipping is prohibitive.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It's like they want us to keep spending money with upgrades and replacements!
The small spare parts availability (lack thereof) is so frustrating. The big companies definitely don't like tinkerers. I resent their downright refusal for the right to repair, particularly when something could be fixed with a cheap bit of plastic or metal.

SJS cycles in the UK stock lots of small Shimano brake parts, but the shipping is prohibitive.
Yeah, geo blocking for Australia is nuts, most bike shops aren't even interested in looking up some low dollar Shimano part.