All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Haven't tried them, but feel like the pads on the palms and callus (?) area would get in the way of a nice comfortable grip on the bars...

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Has anyone tried these gloves. I broke the metacapal bone in my hand and I want the most protection I can get for my hand when i get back on the bike. Rockbros SBR + rubber shockproof anti fall.
@bigdamo at $27 and the potential to fall apart quickly and maybe dodgy sizing, I would be looking at Motocross gloves locally.

Maybe try below (or similar place) at least you can get the right fit and return if not correct.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Not strictly bike related, but Ali seems to have some extremely odd but entertaining products tucked away.

I'm sure you have all had 'FTW is this?' moments and is worthy of its own thread.

This is first pork foot pillow I've ever seen and never expected to be made. Someone out there thought that this must be a great idea.

Here you go folks, behold.......

Screenshot_20220425-181346_AliExpress.jpg

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Not strictly bike related, but Ali seems to have some extremely odd but entertaining products tucked away.

I'm sure you have all had 'FTW is this?' moments and is worthy of its own thread.

This is first pork foot pillow I've ever seen and never expected to be made. Someone out there thought that this must be a great idea.

View attachment 388673
I have an unhealthy affinity to pork, but that is just way too weird.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner

View attachment 388673
If there's a market for a particular item, rest assured the Chinese will find it. :D

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Happy to be Guinea Pig

Unless something is amiss, a carbon fibre rim won't cause a catastrophic failure.

So far, these rims have tensioned up beautifully evenly (>10% variance) with no deformations.
This indicates consistent layup.
They were easier to vertically true than "known brand" rims and feel much more robust under tension than name brand carbon or alloy rims (Namely - Xentis, AX Lightness, Tune, Curve - 2 variants of, Stans, Light Bicycle).

View attachment 388320View attachment 388322
View attachment 388323View attachment 388324

So my Ali rims now have more Km on them than an average Brose motor...

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bearing press ordered from Ali Express turned up today sans the case. 10 days earlier than originally stated. I can't be farked chasing after it. I don't throw out the shoe boxes my wife brings home full so I should be able to find a place for it. Maybe the box it came in?

Also receive a package from Bikeinn came with same delivery. Ordered April 4th so not too bad. Thanks to @oliosky for spotting and posting.

Lots of packaging but not in same league as Pushys...yet.
This will work well as I will pop out the bearings and clean up the hub with my other new toys, ah..err. tools

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Scored a Light Bicycle AM930 for $150 locally to go on the rear, figured i'd try one of these for the front. Reviews/questions for CarbonBeam rims don't paint an overly positive impression, but hey, willing to guinea-pig. Will be lacing to a front ZTTO hub for full china points.

View attachment 388977
Is this what @Ackland just bought/built?

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is this what @Ackland just bought/built?
Supposedly a newer design & slightly wider. I also purposefully opted for the "heavyweight" build even though i'm ~75kg on a good day.

Edit: I lol'ed at the second review down - "Excellent warranty service. After breaking the rim, the seller sent a new RIM at shipping cost!!!" - not very confidence inspiring.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Scored a Light Bicycle AM930 for $150 locally to go on the rear, figured i'd try one of these for the front. Reviews/questions for CarbonBeam rims don't paint an overly positive impression, but hey, willing to guinea-pig. Will be lacing to a front ZTTO hub for full china points.

View attachment 388977

I had a good run with this carbonbeam rim on the back of an enduro bike , built up better than the BTLOS rim I paid more for - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001443452592.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21ef18022tfNN6