All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
The SRAM centreline copies/real rotors are hard to beat, still my favourite rotors even know I persist to buy expensive ones that are not centreline.

I bought 10 x 160mm of these from Ali a couple of years back, the last set went onto my gravel bike a few months back, they should be around $7 each for 160mm.

Not the link of the ones I bought but similar.

first ever AliExpress purchase done.... now to wait and be disappointed with fakery?

Ackland

chats d'élevage
I have a single 160mm Shimano Ice-Tech rotor I’ve been meaning to get rid of forever if that’s any use to you? I think it’s new, I can’t actually remember when/why I bought it… :oops: I can check much later tonight or tomorrow (probably best to PM me if you’re interested in case I forget).
Cheers but I need 4 rotors

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
first ever AliExpress purchase done.... now to wait and be disappointed with fakery?
There cant be much go wrong with a piece of punched out steel.

I cant tell the difference between my real or potentially fake centreline purchases over the years.

Must have bought 4-6 real ones and probably 20+ 160/180/200 chi centrelines.

Are they even fake ? You will not be disappointed.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I've previously bought some Avid HSXes from Ali and they've been fine, can't tell the difference between the genuine rotors I had.

Bargains are getting thin on Ali now too compared to 10 years ago, looks like the big hitters are going after them too.

I'm waiting for these to turn up, probably going to eat up brake pads, but I have a few spare to go through.

https://www.aliexpress

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I've previously bought some Avid HSXes from Ali and they've been fine, can't tell the difference between the genuine rotors I had.

Bargains are getting thin on Ali now too compared to 10 years ago, looks like the big hitters are going after them too.

I'm waiting for these to turn up, probably going to eat up brake pads, but I have a few spare to go through.

https://www.aliexpress

View attachment 384788
No reason why they should chew through pads. They have the same braking surface as the Uberbike rotors I've been using for years. No doubt, made in the same factory.

Flow-Rider

Burner
No reason why they should chew through pads. They have the same braking surface as the Uberbike rotors I've been using for years. No doubt, made in the same factory.
Not much material left on the pad sweep area and it has large slots like a grater.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I picked up some of the shoes to try recently. Sandugo "Dazzle". :D

Only had them on around the house so far, but they're true to size, comfortable, not overly heavy and seem fairly well put together.

Looks like next week will be a test on the bike and see how the grip levels stack up to the couple of recent pairs I've had (Afton something, which are really rigid and Shimano GR9 with the Michelin soles).

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Recently bought 11spd ztto cassette + chain + chainring combo. Ordered on 29/12, just arrived today. Haven't used them, but extremely impressed with the speediness of the postage! Bought stuff from Germany in November and they haven't even left Frankfurt. Ali express and china post knows how to do business well!

ashes_mtb

Has preferences

Only had them on around the house so far, but they're true to size, comfortable, not overly heavy and seem fairly well put together.

Looks like next week will be a test on the bike and see how the grip levels stack up to the couple of recent pairs I've had (Afton something, which are really rigid and Shimano GR9 with the Michelin soles).

View attachment 384789View attachment 384790View attachment 384791View attachment 384792View attachment 384793View attachment 384794
Do either of these have toe protection? Hoping they might be an alternative to my mighty Dunlop Volley steel caps.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

I've been looking at both of these as casual shoes (that I might ride in occasionally) as my old simple shoes are fk'd and aren't great on the bike.

Good to know the "dazzles" are comfortable.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Do either of these have toe protection? Hoping they might be an alternative to my mighty Dunlop Volley steel caps.
A lot of the protection is in the stiff sole, even in the high end riding shoes as in it doesn't fold back on your foot so easily, compare to joggers that are very soft at the tip of the shoe.

I've been looking at both of these as casual shoes (that I might ride in occasionally) as my old simple shoes are fk'd and aren't great on the bike.

Good to know the "dazzles" are comfortable.
I've looked at them too, but by the time you ship them they end up close to the same price as the cheap Aussie bought etnies.