All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Yeah looking like its around 2 weeks for the collated packages.

I ordered a ZTTO cassette on the 8th, on the 11th it had 'departed country of origin' so it may be semi quick.

Still got 2 x DHL's still sitting on Frankfurt Tarmac... they are full of chrissy pressies :(
My ZTTO order from the 8th departed on the 12th. No indication of it arriving in Australia yet.

My bike24 order has been marked as being processed for international departure since the 10th. Be interesting to see which year that turns up.

Last edited:

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I ordered this along with a few other items, but this one failed to arrive. It will be interesting to see whether they will refund me.

I also got excited and purchased a new derailleur cage for XTR 12 speed, these are out of stock globally and I've got three perfectly good mechs that just need a cage. I couldn't believe my luck.
Pity it's for a medium cage GS not SGS.....
So yeah, if you are one of the three people on earth running 2x12 let me know, I've got a mech cage for you!

Shredden

Knows his goats
I also got excited and purchased a new derailleur cage for XTR 12 speed, these are out of stock globally and I've got three perfectly good mechs that just need a cage. I couldn't believe my luck.
Pity it's for a medium cage GS not SGS.....
So yeah, if you are one of the three people on earth running 2x12 let me know, I've got a mech cage for you!
I believe the body of the derailleurs are also different between the 1x12 and 2x12, not just the cage.

I am running the XT derailleur designed for 1x12 on an SLX 10-45t cassette. Even with the b-tension screw all the way out I couldn't get the biggest cog to align with the mark on the derailleur and the shifting was pretty poor. I filed a few mm off the back part of the hanger that the b-tension screw touches and got it to align properly and seems to shift well.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmm, the plot has thickened a little on my missing item. Looking at the tracking number it's been delivered to Footscray, but I'm in Balwyn so I wonder whether it's gone to a postal aggregation service. I'm still waiting for a number of other items (I blame this thread for my recent splurge on AliExpress) so perhaps they are all going to the same place.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Hmm, the plot has thickened a little on my missing item. Looking at the tracking number it's been delivered to Footscray, but I'm in Balwyn so I wonder whether it's gone to a postal aggregation service. I'm still waiting for a number of other items (I blame this thread for my recent splurge on AliExpress) so perhaps they are all going to the same place.
There is a new Oz post center just built in West Footscray I think it is. Although it’s further up the road so could possibly be sunshine.

moorey

call me Mia
There is a new Oz post center just built in West Footscray I think it is. Although it’s further up the road so could possibly be sunshine.
The Sunshine black hole sorting centre was my first thought too....though not new if the one I'm thinking of.

Jpez

Down on the left!
The Sunshine black hole sorting centre was my first thought too....though not new if the one I'm thinking of.
Nah that black hole has always been there. This is a new mass sorting centre by the looks. On Somerville road. Last time I drove past it looked finished and ready to go so hopefully that takes some load off.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
It's not with Auspost anymore, it's showing as delivered but to the wrong side of Melbourne.
It's probably gone to an Aramex agent so they can dump it in the river rather then deliver it, seems to be their business model.
Start a dispute, I had 60 presta valve cores showing delivered, I waited a week to make sure they didn't turn up and lodged a dispute.

About 3 days later they refunded the money.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Ali Express grips turned up today - deemount grip branded @ $5.50 a pop. Single ring lockon's with covered ends. Similar size to DMR Deathgrips

They seem OK - the rubber texture is quite soft and grips a lot but I'll guess that it wont last all that long. I'll chuck em on a couple of bikes and see how they go.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Ali Express grips turned up today - deemount grip branded @ $5.50 a pop. Single ring lockon's with covered ends. Similar size to DMR Deathgrips

They seem OK - the rubber texture is quite soft and grips a lot but I'll guess that it wont last all that long. I'll chuck em on a couple of bikes and see how they go.

View attachment 383033
That’s been my experience with the knock off lock ons - nice and grippy but wear quick. Still better value than paying around $50 for grips, other than Ourys.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
I bought these grips as spares, quality looks fairly good on them, but not the diameter I particularly like in grips. I don't use those push-in ends either, as I have a set of expansion plug ends that I keep on reusing.

View attachment 383044View attachment 383045

View attachment 383046View attachment 383047

They are all I have used for the last couple of years. Bit hard until they wear in, but I really like them after they have had a bit of use.

Pretty sure they are the same as the cheap BBB or jetblack ones sold at 99bikes.

Bought 4 sets for $34 the other day off aliexpress.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Start a dispute, I had 60 presta valve cores showing delivered, I waited a week to make sure they didn't turn up and lodged a dispute.

About 3 days later they refunded the money.
Same, full refund after a dispute started. Still hoping it turns up...

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for a heap of cables and ferrules after ordering in September. The sad thing is I'm still considering buying stuff at their Black Friday sale.