All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

moorey

call me Mia
I wish to apologise to ZTTO for my earlier comments. Loving their steel 9-42 xd (under $60), but I said they came with a hefty weight penalty.
Avert your eyes, weight weenie/unsprung weight warriors, but if you’re like me, and found GX cassettes more than acceptable (over $200 now), I just re-weighed the 2. I think I originally compared it to an X1.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Recently ordered 3 items from 3 separate sellers on the same day. All 3 items were somehow changed to combined shipping down the line and packed into one parcel.
Package arrived, 2 items inside, 3rd no where to be seen.
Can't open a dispute for undelivered item as it shows as delivered with the combined package.
Stitched up.
Can you start another type of dispute about the product? Not sure if they've changed their format but I managed to get a refund from them but send the seller a message first about the problem.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Opened a dispute but aliexpress shut it down straight away saying it showed as delivered. Ill have another go with the seller.
I don't think things are going too well over there ATM, 2 of the biggest building firms going into bankruptcies and then power shortages.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Absolutely. And if the 9-46 light weight works for @Jpez and others, it just makes a mockery of the money some are charging.
Fingers crossed hey. $300+ for a mid level heavy 12spd xd cassette is taking the piss.

Just bought an aliexpress carbon rim to build up with some spare bits and pieces. Could end up being the stupidist, most impulsive, injuring $200 I've ever spent. We'll see...

moorey

call me Mia
Just bought an aliexpress carbon rim to build up with some spare bits and pieces. Could end up being the stupidist, most impulsive, injuring $200 I've ever spent. We'll see...
I don't do carbon, granted......but Ali carbon? :oops:

moorey

call me Mia
I've risk assessed. Gonna run it on the rear so in the event of somewhat likely failure there's less chance of my beautiful face getting damaged. The tire usually holds things together when wheels implode anyway.
Though the rear is the one getting the pounding. Godspeed, little doodle.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Did I? Or did I just talk about almost being sold fake hope hubs until reading the fine fine fine print?
I may have, I don't recall.
I'm still 50/50 on this. Not sure if it was a deceptive seller, or just a bit of pigeon English lost in translation.

While we're bring pets into it, I feel you still should've been the guinea pig.

moorey

call me Mia
I'm still 50/50 on this. Not sure if it was a deceptive seller, or just a bit of pigeon English lost in translation.

While we're bring pets into it, I feel you still should've been the guinea pig.
Cuy’s, you speciesist bastard.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Got a few Ali Express orders cancelled recently - a set of the Magicshine lights, a few bottle cages (people keep turning up without them when riding with me so I give them one) and some other random stuff. All have been refunded correctly etc. but might be a sign.

Oh and a set of the 9-42 11sp xd cassette turned up - they look the goods

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Got a few Ali Express orders cancelled recently - a set of the Magicshine lights, a few bottle cages (people keep turning up without them when riding with me so I give them one) and some other random stuff. All have been refunded correctly etc. but might be a sign.
I had an Ali order cancelled recently. Ending up that the seller couldn't get it shipped. I reordered and all fine.