All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Try buying shirts for narrower shoulders but long body. Long fit t-shirts were a thing for a while but that's died now so I'm back to ridiculously baggy shoulders again..

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Try buying shirts for narrower shoulders but long body. Long fit t-shirts were a thing for a while but that's died now so I'm back to ridiculously baggy shoulders again..
Zanerobe and AS Colour do long fit t-shirts.

Last edited:

nathanm

Eats Squid
The sizing numbers are all over the place, the best way I've found is to measure a jersey you already have and transfer the measurements to their sizing charts. They usually give you charts with measurements with every different vendor like this one below, I tend to ignore their weights & heights.

View attachment 374335
typical asian sizing chart unfortunately. 56 chest for XL and 68-76kgs. That's a medium sized Western Male. 73cm isn't going to be long enough for a 6 foot bloke.

That's why we went full custom sizing so that we could get gear that actually fits properly.

Ben78

Squid
I have an Ican S3 in my possession as of today. Looks pretty good. Was 8 business days from payment to delivery, total cost was $1335aud on my doorstep so roughly a 1/4 the cost of a branded frame and actually obtainable, unlike a branded frame.

The geo was allegedly developed by NS Bikes and the front triangle allowed to be open mold. Rear triangle is Ican specific, Carbonda also have their only single pivot version. The basic frame is also offered by Vitus as their Rapide FS.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have an Ican S3 in my possession as of today. Looks pretty good. Was 8 business days from payment to delivery, total cost was $1335aud on my doorstep so roughly a 1/4 the cost of a branded frame and actually obtainable, unlike a branded frame.

The geo was allegedly developed by NS Bikes and the front triangle allowed to be open mold. Rear triangle is Ican specific, Carbonda also have their only single pivot version. The basic frame is also offered by Vitus as their Rapide FS.
I don't mind the look of that. Having seen a few Chinese generic bikes I would recommend pulling all the pivots apart and having a good look, greasing and adding loctite, shims and crush tubes as required.

BKMad

Likes Dirt

Cool. I ended up going a different direction and got a steel hardtail frame instead. Does the $1335 include a shock? I think I worked out it was going to cost me a bit over $2k including a decent shock.

Ben78

Squid
Cool. I ended up going a different direction and got a steel hardtail frame instead. Does the $1335 include a shock? I think I worked out it was going to cost me a bit over $2k including a decent shock.
No shock. I had a Merida Ninety Six that I broke and will be using the 165x38 shock from it. I will need to machine up a trunnion adaptor for it though.

Ben78

Squid
I don't mind the look of that. Having seen a few Chinese generic bikes I would recommend pulling all the pivots apart and having a good look, greasing and adding loctite, shims and crush tubes as required.
I'll need to strip it completely to paint and intended on doing all those things.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Is 3-4 weeks about right for standard aliexpress shipping?
I ordered 3 things 31st of last month.

Two have arrived, one is still on its way.

Just depends I guess. Some stuff has been two weeks or thereabouts, others stuff around 4 weeks