All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Could do perhaps. Just weird. I was thinking of doing the ozzybmx way... but half expecting them to send 10 separate packages. Gotta be a weird postage cost related thing perhaps? Or a loss leader

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Could do perhaps. Just weird. I was thinking of doing the ozzybmx way... but half expecting them to send 10 separate packages. Gotta be a weird postage cost related thing perhaps? Or a loss leader
I reckon its a mistake on the way they have set it up.

It was free postage for each single set of valve stems until you try and as multiple of the same one, they are now charging shipping I see.

In my case it was 10 sets of Black - 40mm. The postage was $120.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Yeah. Seems like $5/pair delivered seemed reasonable (when local retail is more like $20+ at least). So I picked up 6 sets of 44mm valves for about $30 from a different seller.

On a separate note... you can pay for aliexpress with paypal now?!? Saves me pulling out the low limit internet purchases credit card.

ozzybmx

On a separate note... you can pay for aliexpress with paypal now?!? Saves me pulling out the low limit internet purchases credit card.
Yes, get yourself a 28degrees Mastercard or similar ans attach it to your PayPal account. No international transaction fees, no international currency changing fees and a better exchange rate than PayPal gives you.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Yes, get yourself a 28degrees Mastercard or similar ans attach it to your PayPal account. No international transaction fees, no international currency changing fees and a better exchange rate than PayPal gives you.
If my other half ever went through my 28 degrees statement (technically was only a holiday card but we use it for curency conversion transactions too) it would be carange. Equal parts, booze, bikes and burgers.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
If my other half ever went through my 28 degrees statement (technically was only a holiday card but we use it for curency conversion transactions too) it would be carange. Equal parts, booze, bikes and burgers.
I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter..

ozzybmx

Steer clear... not that most of you need to be told that.

Absolute shithouse, lucky if they produce 300-400lm, never mind 3000lm. T6 LED's can produce about 350lms each, was thinking 3 x T6 LEDs would put out around 1000lm... obviously.

My first shit Ali purchase in a long time.

2 light units straight to my electronics bin, beside the Nokia 3210's.

Ackland

chats d'élevage

Absolute shithouse, lucky if they produce 300-400lm, never mind 3000lm. T6 LED's can produce about 350lms each, was thinking 3 x T6 LEDs would put out around 1000lm... obviously.

View attachment 373479
You can't pretend you're surprised they were rubbish...
Looks like leftover parts from the short circuit movie....

ozzybmx

You can't pretend you're surprised they were rubbish...
Looks like leftover parts from the short circuit movie....
Was beefing up the boys handlebar lights for the dirty weekend, they have 3 hours from 5pm that they need lights as a team, currently have Cleanskin Duos, I though 3 x T6 instead of 2 would have been brighter... no, about half the light.

Years ago I would have got the soldering iron out messed about with the electronics and driver but I can be fekked, to the bin.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

View attachment 373479
Was beefing up the boys handlebar lights for the dirty weekend, they have 3 hours from 5pm that they need lights as a team, currently have Cleanskin Duos, I though 3 x T6 instead of 2 would have been brighter... no, about half the light.

Years ago I would have got the soldering iron out messed about with the electronics and driver but I can be fekked, to the bin.
Bought something similar off ebay a few years ago, 3xt6 like that but just a slightly different casing. Yeah they aren't much chop. Those self contained ones I got off aliexpress are brighter (cost more too though).

Planning to get a beam shot or two Thursday night of the recent purchases, not that this helps the boys for the dirty weekend.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
There seems to be plenty of positive reviews but also a few horror stories with Chinese frames.
That one looks pretty decent but I'm sucker for nice photo. I have pondered this idea too but didn't go ahead.
There is some good intel on Chinese sourced frames here http://chinertown.com/index.php

We are fine to buy a chinese made frames with a brand name sticker on it but reluctant to do the same for a no namer.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

BKMad

Likes Dirt
That one looks pretty decent but I'm sucker for nice photo. I have pondered this idea too but didn't go ahead.
There is some good intel on Chinese sourced frames here http://chinertown.com/index.php

We are fine to buy a chinese made frames with a brand name sticker on it but reluctant to do the same for a no namer.
Thanks, yeah I was going down the chinertown rabbit hole last night. My main reluctance is to do with QC. No doubt there are Chinese no-name frames that are equally as good as a brand name, but I also have no doubt that there are shonky POS frames that look equally nice on the outside but dont have the build quality. Get one of the good ones and I'm sure it will be fine. Ican appear to be one of the good ones. I'll post up if a take the plunge.

BKMad

Likes Dirt
That's some serious reach measurements on that frame 500mm L and 520mm XL. Seems the "modern geometry" memo is getting through...
Yeah, I think this is the first Chinese frame that I've seen that actually had modern geo and not some weird short, steep and tall POS.