All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Anyone got a reputable Ali-Shimano seller to recommend ? 007 looks to have shut up shop.

Looking an XT 12 long derailleur and shifter as they are mostly out of stock here or stupid pricing.

My fall back plan is LordGun at $200 for both then $49 shipping but I have another couple of items to throw in there too.

Cheers
I bought slx off these guys and it was all good. Good price, reasonable delivery and legit goods

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out

bobob

Has $20
Don't worry about the pressure. You are bound to lose enough to make any reading questionable just by removing the pump head. :)

That pssstttttt is the sound of losing hope.
Well if you surfing half on the valve bleeding out, like a Russian farmer in a Ukrainian field..

Otherwise, it should be just the air in the hose you can hear. The pump a fork are united, just as the USSR. No one will be better off, the pressure between fork and pump will stay essentially the same. (Fork has 100/pump has 100)

You loose the pressure attaching the pump. This is when the fork has to work hard and pay taxes. Pump taking all it can get, as in to say, USA. Pump will be better off. Pump will take air from the fork until the pressure between fork and pump will stay essentially the same. (Fork has 100/pump has 0)

jrewing

Eats Squid
I have sooo many shock pumps that read incorrectly, DVO, Fox, SRAM... I reckon the only one that reads right is the no name freebie we got with #2's Canyon.
Well if you surfing half on the valve bleeding out, like a Russian farmer in a Ukrainian field..

Otherwise, it should be just the air in the hose you can hear. The pump a fork are united, just as the USSR. No one will be better off, the pressure between fork and pump will stay essentially the same. (Fork has 100/pump has 100)

You loose the pressure attaching the pump. This is when the fork has to work hard and pay taxes. Pump taking all it can get, as in to say, USA. Pump will be better off. Pump will take air from the fork until the pressure between fork and pump will stay essentially the same. (Fork has 100/pump has 0)
Accurate! Not sure about the pump stuff but.

anyway a pump doesn’t need to read accurate perse but more so consistent. the higher the pressure the harder to make small adjustments I feel.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
anyway a pump doesn’t need to read accurate perse but more so consistent.
Agreed but it has a man second guessing his settings when similar people run 90psi and I think mine is 70psi, over 20% more pressure... connects another pump, finds the 20%.

I was loving that nice green DVO pump too.

bobob

Has $20
Accurate! Not sure about the pump stuff but.

anyway a pump doesn’t need to read accurate perse but more so consistent. the higher the pressure the harder to make small adjustments I feel.

Yes, of course. What I was trying to point out is when do you "lose the pressure". When you plug it in, you then pump to the desired target. It is when/how/whateves happens when you unplug it that stuffs your reading, that is when you need to also be "consistent".

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Yes, of course. What I was trying to point out is when do you "lose the pressure". When you plug it in, you then pump to the desired target. It is when/how/whateves happens when you unplug it that stuffs your reading, that is when you need to also be "consistent".
I do have a beto with a check valve thingy on the valve head. I gather it loses pressure only between the schrader valve and check valve once it is undone.

It seems to work well enough in minimising the psssffttt. loss compared to my Fox that doesn't have any magic on the valve head.

Anyhow, I pump tyres and shock up till it feels OK. Nice to log any shock pressures for future reference, but doesn't mean that it is accurate in the first place.

crash3

Likes Dirt
Ztto Bicycle Tubeless Tire Fast Repair Kit For Mtb And Road Bike Tires Bar End Hidden Tool Components Integrated - Bicycle Puncture Repair Patch - AliExpress
Looks similarly well built. Didn't come with the fittings to hide in my bar ends, guess I'll buy those seperately. Didn't come with any petroleum jelly or rubber cement to lube it up for install, but should I expect to use the tubeless sealant for this? Or should I get a small tube of vaso for trailside repairs/other trailside adventures?
Used a couple of these rope plugs today - sealed the tyre fine. Too bad my pump (not an Ali purchase) couldn't inflate my tyre enough to ride back to the car. Thanks again to @Mr Crudley for the bar end caps - wouldn't have had these on hand if you hadn't sent me those.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Used a couple of these rope plugs today - sealed the tyre fine. Too bad my pump (not an Ali purchase) couldn't inflate my tyre enough to ride back to the car. Thanks again to @Mr Crudley for the bar end caps - wouldn't have had these on hand if you hadn't sent me those.
That is great news that the plug works. I hope I have the same success when it happens.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
I've just bought a $20 saddle and enough bearings to do 2 bikes for $58

1683241700854.png

I've been running these chainrings for the last few years, they work well however I do seem to loose teeth off them but that is probably from bashing them on things.

1683241803741.png

I've had a couple of pairs of these shorts. They do the job but they do have issues, mainly stitching in the pockets.

1683241865023.png

Love this tape, beats the shit out of the whatever random cloth tape I had on the shelf Id normally use.

1683241918778.png

Been using these pads for years, no real issues to speak of.

1683241971470.png

Upgraded to 203mm rotors on centrelock hubs using the below. Maybe these discs are a bit thinner than shimano but I have had trouble adjusting the levers far enough out from the bars after swapping (I like the levers engaging a long way from the bars).

1683242084139.png

These hubs aren't on my main bike but I think I've done about 500km on them, not a particularly easy 500km either. Planning on building another set of wheels with these at some stage. Cant fault them yet.

1683242193526.png

Using these shims on both my bikes, seem to do the job.

1683242234879.png

These were fine, still in my forks

1683242498024.png

I've broken a couple of these axles, not sure if its my fault from over tightening or if they are a bit weak.

1683242541795.png

Why the fark is the cable on these joined with a magnet? I just wanted a wire with a fitting on the end to drag cables through.
Fixed it by cutting off the magnet and soldering the cable directly to the fitting.

1683242607837.png

Buy these grips in bulk. Leave them out in the sun for a month so they go sticky and soft and they are sweet.

1683242671701.png

Chain kept getting stuck between cage and jockey wheel with these. no good.

1683242720587.png

Awesome

1683242737579.png

Awesome

1683242753785.png

Great place to get genuine shimano bits

1683242780379.png

Some of the cogs bent just from normal riding - id hope they have fixed the issue by now.

1683242821150.png

Good pump, fitting works on my rockshox shox I have to file the shrader fitting down on to fit in the scott genius.

1683242839153.png

Good shock bolt, still going strong

1683242903556.png

Does the job, no idea how accurate it is calibrated but at least I can get the spoke tensions even (pretty sure its accurate anyway).

1683242965415.png