All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Been using this digital shock air pressure pump/ guage for 3 months now no problems. Checked it air pressure measurements against 4 other guages and it all good.Used it to air up my rear shock to 225 psi no problems.

The one I ordered has a strange schrader valve on it with a protruding jigger which lets all the air out too soon. I'm going to cut and shut the hose with an old pump and a barb fitting.

I haven't had any issues with the EZ bleed stuff, but the syringes are not as good as BD's you get from the chemist and the hoses are too big in the ID. I bled my formula's with them no problem but haven't put DOT fluid in yet. I've got some Hayes Dominions on their way so I suppose I'll find out, I'll probably also use them to bleed the damper on a Mezzer at some point.

I've got a Ztto clampy thing on the water now, I've had 65 updates on the shipping status but it's still in China.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Been using this digital shock air pressure pump/ guage for 3 months now no problems. Checked it air pressure measurements against 4 other guages and it all good.Used it to air up my rear shock to 225 psi no problems.

Do you get a bit whoosh of air when unscrewing from the shock?

I have a similar pump hose fitting to @komdotkom and it seems to let a chunk of air out despite the little lever bit advertised as it wont.

Last edited:

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
I've got a Ztto clampy thing on the water now, I've had 65 updates on the shipping status but it's still in China.
Spooky! Just bought this at lunchtime! Option 1. Should cover the 10mm/16mm I need for mezzer, and also has a bunch of others including 1/2” (12.7mm). While I got away with using prism shaped soft jaws, I couldn’t pass up a $20 version of actual clamp blocks.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spooky! Just bought this at lunchtime! Option 1. Should cover the 10mm/16mm I need for mezzer, and also has a bunch of others including 1/2” (12.7mm). While I got away with using prism shaped soft jaws, I couldn’t pass up a $20 version of actual clamp blocks.
These arrived today, the clamps are ok but have a cast finish on the clamping faces not machined.
I was going to use them this week to put the Shock Craft piston kit in my sons Mezzer but I've got the sads with him.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Some recent purchases of mine.

Shoutai titanium pistons for shimano levers (I'd bought some "risk" pistons previously and they still leaked, so spent a bit more dosh on these "shoutai" ones). No leaks so far, and the lever feel is much better, even when bleeding the risk ones I'm pretty sure air was getting sucked past them as I was always getting air bubbles coming up into the cup.
AU $6.49 48%OFF | Bicycle Titanium Alloy Brake Disc Lever Piston Repair Part For SHIMANO DEORE XT M785 M8000 SLX M7000 Bike Parts
How are these going @fjohn860

And how hard was it to change the piston?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
How are these going @fjohn860

And how hard was it to change the piston?
The pistons themselves are performing perfectly.

Not too difficult to change, you definitely need some soft jaws in a vice or clamp the levers in the jaws of a bike stand. The hardest part I found was holding the piston in place whilst fitting the push rod housings and the free stroke bracket at the same time.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Anyone got a reputable Ali-Shimano seller to recommend ? 007 looks to have shut up shop.

Looking an XT 12 long derailleur and shifter as they are mostly out of stock here or stupid pricing.

My fall back plan is LordGun at $200 for both then $49 shipping but I have another couple of items to throw in there too.

Cheers

Flow-Rider

Burner
Anyone got a reputable Ali-Shimano seller to recommend ? 007 looks to have shut up shop.

Looking an XT 12 long derailleur and shifter as they are mostly out of stock here or stupid pricing.

My fall back plan is LordGun at $200 for both then $49 shipping but I have another couple of items to throw in there too.

Cheers
You got to search for it on google, some Shimano retailer probably had a winge because they couldn't shaft a customer with exorbitant prices.

OO7

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock