All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Mine has been ok. Maybe trim the hose a tiny bit and reinsert the barb if it is leaking around there. A bit of freshly unstretched hose plugged into the barb might help?

My main worry with a brake bleed is if the syringe plunger thingy pops off at the wrong time.
Cheers. I have put a zip tie on the end of the hose where the barb goes in. Might remove trim and see how I go as need to cut the front brake line at some point.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
How are others going with the Ali ez bleed kit? I am ready to throw it against a wall.

Tried to bleed rear brake on weekend (had about 8 tries) and ok pushing fluid from one syringe to the next but when I flick the lever to remove bubbles it weeps fluid out of the caliper syringe. Gave up and paid the LBS to bleed. Felt better when they said it wasn’t easy and required much fluid to pushed through.

The kit has a universal barb you install and then screw in the correct adaptor. Looks like it is leaking here. Done it up with many ugga duggas but still weeps. Before I shop for another kit just seeing if others have had issues.
Mine has been ok. Maybe trim the hose a tiny bit and reinsert the barb if it is leaking around there. A bit of freshly unstretched hose plugged into the barb might help?

My main worry with a brake bleed is if the syringe plunger thingy pops off at the wrong time.
Likewise, mine has been fine. The hose is easier to push onto the barb if you warm it up first.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
How are others going with the Ali ez bleed kit? I am ready to throw it against a wall.

Gave up and paid the LBS to bleed. Felt better when they said it wasn’t easy and required much fluid to pushed through.
EZmtb kits?

Mine has been OK for Shimano.

You have Hayes ? on your Deviate. Is there a problem with the brakes as the LBS had issues ?

shiny

Likewise, mine has been fine. The hose is easier to push onto the barb if you warm it up first.
Maybe it’s me. Barb goes in nicely but seems to weep and where the connector screws in as well.

EZmtb kits?

Mine has been OK for Shimano.

You have Hayes ? on your Deviate. Is there a problem with the brakes as the LBS had issues ?
Brakes are working great now. Simon at Mitcham sorted them. Not an easy brake to bleed. I had a set of Hopes sitting in a basket all weekend as cracked the shits with the Hayes :D

Litenbror

Eats Squid

Tried to bleed rear brake on weekend (had about 8 tries) and ok pushing fluid from one syringe to the next but when I flick the lever to remove bubbles it weeps fluid out of the caliper syringe. Gave up and paid the LBS to bleed. Felt better when they said it wasn’t easy and required much fluid to pushed through.

The kit has a universal barb you install and then screw in the correct adaptor. Looks like it is leaking here. Done it up with many ugga duggas but still weeps. Before I shop for another kit just seeing if others have had issues.
I ditched the EZ bleed kit a while ago, was fine for Shimano but couldn't get a good bleed on the formulas. There was always leaking at the fitting as soon as it was under any pressure, the plastic fitting just didn't seal properly.

Bought the formula kit off eighty one spices with the brass fittings and it's night and day difference.

shiny

I ditched the EZ bleed kit a while ago, was fine for Shimano but couldn't get a good bleed on the formulas. There was always leaking at the fitting as soon as it was under any pressure, the plastic fitting just didn't seal properly.

Bought the formula kit off eighty one spices with the brass fittings and it's night and day difference.
Cheers. Not just me! The Hayes bleed kit is $140 for some syringes and fittings. o_O Can see a formula dot kit on Eighty One Spices for $35. Will flick an email to see if it’s an M5 fitting as this will fit the Hayes.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Cheers. Not just me! The Hayes bleed kit is $140 for some syringes and fittings. o_O Can see a formula dot kit on Eighty One Spices for $35. Will flick an email to see if it’s an M5 fitting as this will fit the Hayes.
For $35 it's worth the good brass fittings. The team at eighty one spices are really good and should get back you pretty quickly on whether it will work or not.

Flow-Rider

Burner

Put two small cable ties on the hose, and it might need a bigger o-ring on the adaptor.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

I have had similar issues to you with mine, even with the brass fittings. Que me machining up a better brass fitting. I also bought a "double ear" hose clamp set for the barb ends.
received_897478201465318.jpeg

EDIT: *cue hahahaha

Last edited:

shiny

I have had similar issues to you with mine, even with the brass fittings. Que me machining up a better brass fitting. I also bought a "double ear" hose clamp set for the barb ends.
View attachment 397944
Nice work. My Ali kit has brass fittings well allegedly. I found my old Avid bleed kit and the fittings will fit Hayes. The clamp and hose are rock hard so see if I can put together something. No rush as just running the front hose factory length for now.

notime

Likes Dirt
Yep got em tried em . They are better fabric and design than the auxerso pants. Quite a good MTB pants.

Still long but they don't hook up on my knee pads.
I got a pair of these based on this post. 4 solid rides including an Enduro race, 1 swim and 4 washes down and very happy with them. Going to order a couple more.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Some recent purchases of mine.

Shoutai titanium pistons for shimano levers (I'd bought some "risk" pistons previously and they still leaked, so spent a bit more dosh on these "shoutai" ones). No leaks so far, and the lever feel is much better, even when bleeding the risk ones I'm pretty sure air was getting sucked past them as I was always getting air bubbles coming up into the cup.
AU $6.49 48%OFF | Bicycle Titanium Alloy Brake Disc Lever Piston Repair Part For SHIMANO DEORE XT M785 M8000 SLX M7000 Bike Parts
IMG_20230331_211747.jpg

IMG_20230331_211731.jpg

Lightweight tube and neoprene cover
AU $11.76 35%OFF | RideNow Ultralight Bike Inner Tube 700C x 18 25 28 32 Road MTB Bicycle TPU Inner Tube 26 /27.5 /29 Inch French Valve Length 45mm
Compress_20230402_141534_4655.jpg

AU $6.14 5%OFF | Elastic Soft Flexible Neoprene Pouch Sleeve phone Bag Cover case For Xiaomi Redmi K30 Pro 8A Note 9 Pro Max 9S 8 7 7A K20 7s 8T

This pic has the tube and a topeak 18+ multitool in it.
Compress_20230402_141544_4312.jpg

Extra long M4 grub screws for the "Shan-T-Macs".
AU $1.46 20%OFF | 50pcs M1.6 M2 M2.5 M3 M4 M5 M6 M8 DIN916 304 Stainless Steel Black Grade 12.9 Hex Hexagon Socket Cup Point Set Screw Grub Bolt
Compress_20230402_141540_0926.jpg

Compress_20230402_141536_6836.jpg