All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Anyone bought a hanger alignment tool off Ali?

ZTTO look to do a HAG 3 copy for about $40.
Yep. I think I bought mine from ZTTO. Works well.

BTW. I was chasing shifting issues on my Highlander. A quick check of the alignment tool showed the hanger or frame interface to be horribly wonky. Once straightened and a quick retune shifting was perfect.

Last edited:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I love a quality tool as much or more as the next person but it is such a simple tool you just don’t need anything more. I added a quick edit re Highlander to my post too.
Ha, main reason I was looking at getting one. Highlander has a clunky shift in the middle of the cassette. Limit screws all good, cable tension all good. So looking to be mech hanger. It was actually loose out of the box so thinking it probably got banged about in transit.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Ha, main reason I was looking at getting one. Highlander has a clunky shift in the middle of the cassette. Limit screws all good, cable tension all good. So looking to be mech hanger. It was actually loose out of the box so thinking it probably got banged about in transit.
After I got the tool I checked all my bikes. By far the Deviate Hanger was made of the softest and most pliable alloy.
I would check any new bike in future and wouldn’t be surprised if all are out to some degree. With tolerances in the frame, paint and the hanger unless it’s checked before it’s sent out which I doubt I find it hard to see how any would arrive at the consumer perfectly straight.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone bought a hanger alignment tool off Ali?

ZTTO look to do a HAG 3 copy for about $40.
Yep I have one too. Made a few modifications with set-screws to hold the different parts in place and to remove some of the play, but other than that it works just fine.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Looks good. The Park Tool one is a pile of shit anyway so it can't be any worse.
Really ? I have had a DAG2 for ~10yrs, it's done overtime on 2 boys bikes since they day the first got a bike with a derailleur on it, plus my bikes. Estimated use of 100+ times and still as tight as the day I bought it.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Yep I have one too. Made a few modifications with set-screws to hold the different parts in place and to remove some of the play, but other than that it works just fine.
Thanks. Seems to be a common issue and don’t want to muck around drilling and tapping. Found this one which has a set screw at the top which looks to stop the indicator sliding about:

or just get one of these:

Last edited:

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Really ? I have had a DAG2 for ~10yrs, it's done overtime on 2 boys bikes since they day the first got a bike with a derailleur on it, plus my bikes. Estimated use of 100+ times and still as tight as the day I bought it.
The bit that screws into the hanger is fine, just the o ring system and a bit of bent tin passes me right off. I hate that people think Park make quality tools, they are garbage with a thin veneer of marketing