All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
In the interests of drivetrain sprucing up and needless purchases for Ali green things that aren't top shelf.
I am fully expecting more performance out of this one.

No matter about reality, I justified this one in that a 1/8" chain wouldn't be happy with a jockey wheel most likely made for 3/32" geared chain.
There, all done and no guilt. As far as jockey wheels go then it is a fine one compared to sandwiched bushing approach of Shimano.

Given it has bucketed down yesterday and today is bound to get another serve then dirt riding still might be some time away. Oh well.

coarselanguagw

Likes Dirt
Hey Labcanary,
Can you measure the diameter of the threaded rod. This kit does not come with cups that could be used for bearing removal. However I'm wondering if the threaded rod would fit through my 1/2" sockets which would probably serve as an excellent stand in for proper cups.

Risk it all with the RRS kit bearing press!

Rrskit Bicycle Wheels/Hub Bearing Installation Press Set Bike Soft Tail Frame Turning Point Bearing Removal Installation Tool

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
My most recent purchase came about because the goggles I bought 8 months ago now need replacement lenses but no one in Australia seems to be able to get them.

So I perused AE for something that I knew I could get lenses for. Came across these 100% not "100% Armega's" and took a punt.

Looks like they have copied half the 100% racecraft 2 and the armega. They use Racecraft lenses.

But they fit nicely (especially in my older Giro Remedy) and I can get replacement lenses for them. Will attempt to use them later this week or on the weekend.

moorey

call me Mia
Anyone bought shimano brake hoses from Aliexpress?

Just looking to lengthen on the DJ, brake is low end, but I'm just a bit short when I add the riser bar. Barely use the brake so quality doesnt really matter as long as works.

No, but interested to hear.
Probably wouldn’t test it on a descending bike, but a general bike, that may not care if there’s a bit more expansion and squishy lever, why not have a crack.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
It's always this fitting that is the hassle..... can you even buy that separately? install yourself? I thought you had to buy the hose with it installed.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Hey Labcanary,
Can you measure the diameter of the threaded rod. This kit does not come with cups that could be used for bearing removal. However I'm wondering if the threaded rod would fit through my 1/2" sockets which would probably serve as an excellent stand in for proper cups.
Sorry @coarselanguagw, I didn't see this until now. I'll go check and report back soon.

Edit: 8mm at the widest part of the thread

Last edited: