All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
That, and…?
There had to be a typo in there somewhere. Surname first before christian name - works for voting rolls and phone books.
'High Imitation' is clearly the model number :D

Geeez, you guys are a tough crowd. You can't get 1/2 Maxxis tyre for the price of one of these handcrafted beauties.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Well, after lots of browsing I finally decided to open an AliExpress account and I fell down the rabbit hole.

First up, foam grips:

I've been using Nukeproof lock on grips for a while, they were cheap and bought to get free shipping, but I digress... The Ali grips have just one lock ring, but don't worry, they are such a tight fucking fit on the bars you almost don't need it. Aside from poor handlebar interface tolerances, they are nice and cushy. I've been getting numb hands with my previous grips after just a few KMs, but with these ones I haven't had that issue.
All said, it's not bad for the price.

Brake pad fixing screws, to suit Shimano and Magura:

FIIK if they are actually titanium, but they come with those bastard clips that disappear. Can confirm they fit both Shimano and Magura calipers.

ZTTO bottom bracket, to suit BSA threaded shell and 24mm spindle (Shimano) cranks:

I've put this on my monster cross abomination. Installation was fine, time will tell how the bearings hold up. Given how little I ride the bike it's on, I suspect that will be many years.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Well, after lots of browsing I finally decided to open an AliExpress account and I fell down the rabbit hole.
It was only a matter of time. Picking the good from the bad is the Ali challenge.

These are the Pasak freehubs in case anyone is keen. No DT ratchets on these.

Screenshot_20211210-160645_AliExpress.jpg

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
It was. And after a couple of small purchases that arrived from OS faster than any domestic parcels lately, I'm inclined to keep using it for consumables.
It is great for generic but n' pieces if you aren't hung up on brand names. Good info in this thread too.

If you look past bike bits then there is all sorts of weird and wonderful and pretty questionable stuff there.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
It is great for generic but n' pieces if you aren't hung up on brand names. Good info in this thread too.

If you look past bike bits then there is all sorts of weird and wonderful and pretty questionable stuff there.
Questionable is right. I was hoping to find a figurine from my son's favourite video game for him for Xmas. Apparently there's a whole other meaning to "Mega Man" that isn't the 8-bit game from the 80's :eek:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The free hub body doesn’t look bad, but the casting on the pawls looks horrific. I would pass on that one.
Agreed. I'd wait for the next version at the least :)

Replacing hubs is costly in time and the faffery to get spoke lengths right etc. Will keep the short list of preferred hubs to DT, Shimano, Hadley and possibly Hope when it is new wheelset time.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Questionable is right. I was hoping to find a figurine from my son's favourite video game for him for Xmas. Apparently there's a whole other meaning to "Mega Man" that isn't the 8-bit game from the 80's :eek:
Oh, I'm not looking up Megaman there. Warning taken :/

Please don't look up anything to do with massages or you won't be the same Labcanary ever again. Just don't.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Has anyone used a Bluetooth to rca adapter from Aliexpress? Wanting to add connectivity to my old Yamaha hifi. Doesn’t need to be audiofile quality, as long as it’s up there with a decent Bluetooth speaker I’d be happy.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So, as it turns out, thoroughly reading the product description and images is advised. In an interesting turn of events, the M1 hub that showed up in the post is 4 pawl rather than a ratchet system, because I didn't notice in the listing that 6 bolt is pawl and centrelock was ratchet. Disappointed, but tempted to try it anyway for shits and giggles.

Curiously, a front hub also arrived in addition to the rear-only that I ordered.. so freebie I guess.